i have global aphasia and how can i help my self?

It has been almost years since i was in car accident and i had brain surgery. Ever since i couldn't talk normally. i had speech therapy for 3 month and they actually help me a lot, however, due to my insurance i was forced to quite before i finished. So, how can i help my self? Thanks.

Thanks for writing and I'm sorry about your car accident. It's a crying shame your insurance has cut you off when you still need care.

Do you have friends or family nearby? If so, you can ask them to act as informal "therapists" for you by working with you like your therapist did. Explain to them (however you can) what was done and ask them to copy that.And ask them to read this: http://www.empowher.com/aphasia/content/guidelines-help-communication-ap...

Also, re-start proper therapy as soon as your insurance will allow it again.

This is another good article for you:

I hope this helps and do remember to try and get as many people to work with you and see how quickly you can get your insurance to start paying your therapy again.

Aphasia Guide