I have irregular menses flow,that has been when I started menstruating at 12 years but medical expertts say ther's no problem. but when I use postinor, I see my menses after 10days. is that normal?s say

I have irregular menses flow ,that has been when I started menstruating at 12 years, and medical experts say there's no problem with that. But whenever I use postinor, I see my menses after 10days. Is that normal?

Use of Postinor causes a large amount of hormones to enter into your system. The side effect of this can (and often is) very irregular periods on top of the already irregular periods you have. Nausea/sickness can also happen.

There is no known 'safe' time when using emergency contraction this way so yes, you can ovulate unexpectedly. The only way to limit this is to stop your incorrect usage of Postinor.

Yes, it's common to bleed after taking emergency contraception pills, usually 3-10 days after taking them. It's a side effect.

When you said it happens "every time" you take Postinor, how often to you take it? These pills are for emergencies only, not to be used as back up. You would be better off to go on the birth control pill which has the added benefit of helping to regulate your cycle! Emergency contraception is about 92% effective, but the birth control pill is close to 100% effective when taken as prescribed.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the prompt reply Susan. I av two other questions. What are the effects of frequent use of postinor. Then, for someone with irregular menses who doesn't know her safe period, can we say the bleeding side effect of taking postinor is menstruation? In other words, can fertilization occur the day bleeding stops if unprotected sex is had?