I have ms and crohns~my doc says the best drug to treat both disease is gilenya. Is their nothing out their besides gilenya? i have already been on imuran and copaxone

By January 12, 2012 - 8:28am

Hi receive and thank you for your post!

There are many treatment options for both MS and Crohns.

For MS:

Medications may include:

For Crohns:

Aminosalicylate Medications

Anti-inflammatory Medications

Immune Modifiers

Biologic Therapy

Antibiotic Medications

More information can be found here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/crohns-disease/treatments
So as you can see, there are many treatments for both available but what ones you ultimately choose is up to you and your doctor.
As you may know, Gilenya has had some controversy : http://www.empowher.com/multiple-sclerosis/content/uk-cost-watchdog-says-no-novartis-ms-pill
I hope this information helps you and good luck! Keep us posted!

thank you for the reply~however my problem is if u take 1 drug fo ms it makes yr crohns bad or vice versa. prednisone helps with both but it is a band aid not a long term drug. imuran does work for both diseases but i can no longer take it. copaxone does not make my crohns act up and did help my ms..but what i want is a drug that will treat both diseases and the only one my docs say is gilenya and i am just nervouse about it and want to make sure their is nothing else out their. thanks

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis Guide