I have a tendency of losing my voice now and then, what could be the problem

By Anonymous November 7, 2015 - 8:22am

I woke up with no voice and my throat is very itchy. I do cough a bit

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
First, you should take a look at your lifestyle. Are you a teacher, cheerleader, vocalist? Do you have a job that you need to talk a lot? Do you smoke? Any one of these things can cause chronic larygitis. Also people who use inhalers for asthma can develop a yeast infection of the vocal cords.
Laryngopharyngea Reflux Disease is another possible cause. It refers to reflux of stomach juice into the throat that can cause hoarseness.
Let us know if you have any more questions.

Laryngitis Guide