ask: I have a very strange looking swelling/bump directly on my clitoris ... it almost looks like a blood blister.

It's smooth and dark red. It is not raw or like an open sore. I'm not sure how long its been there .. I have had what I think is a recurring yeast infection of the past few months but I'm not sure if it's related.

Anonymous

I have the sane exact problem, it looks like a cut under my clitoris hood but I'm scared that it's something worse! I just got done shaving the area when I noticed that I was sore, so after the shower I looked at it and there it was, but it's almost circular, I'm not sure

Mine just finally went away but it took a long time. If I had health insurance I definitely would have seen a doctor. I'm just glad it's gone!

Anonymous

How did this turn out for you? I have the same problem.

It just finally went away, thank goodness. I don't have health insurance so I didn't want to go to the doctor. Good luck!

Anonymous

Thank you for the additional information. If you do not think that you had possibly cut yourself shaving, make an appointment to have a doctor look at it. It could be a number of things such as a possible sexually transmitted disease, a boil, etc.

Can you please keep us updated on what your results are?
Missie

Anonymous

Thank you for your question and Welcome to EmpowHer. Let me ask you something, do you happen to shave your vaginal area and perhaps cut yourself? This would be my first thought about your situation.

Please watch this "blister" very closely over the next couple days. If it doesn't go away on its own, I would certainly have this looked at by your physician.

Please keep us updated,
Missie

I do shave but this is not in an area I shave, its directly on my clitoris, under the 'hood' and it really does not resemble a blister because it doesn't appear to be fluid filled .. I used blood blister to describe it more because of the color, dark red.

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: