I lose a lot of hair - How much is normal?

By Anonymous January 16, 2015 - 10:39am

The average hair loss per day is about a hundred strands. But like you, I lose a lot more. I brush my hair in the shower when I have conditioner in and I remove a ton from my brush. If it ended up on the drain it would look like some kind of wet, dead little critter! 

But I still have plenty of hair so it's the way my body works.  If you are like this, then there should not be a problem. But if you feel like your hair is thinning then you may want to see a doctor.  It could be a hormonal imbalance, especially your thyroid.  Or you may be malnourished or have an underlying condition you are unaware of. If you have had a baby in the last year, that is also a common cause of hair loss. 

What do you think, Anon?

Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who experiences this. I think it's pretty normal since I'm not experiencing thinning. If that changes I'll see a doctor.

Thanks again!!

Hair Loss

Hair Loss Guide