I missed 2 bc pills at end of first week and then 4 beginning of second week. I had sex and did not realize the condom broke. What are the chances of pregnancy?

By September 25, 2009 - 7:45pm

I am feeling awful that I am having an affair. I am so worried that I can become pregnant. what are the chances since i have been on bc for 2 years?

Dear Flowers -

Your risk of pregnancy does increase, especially missing four pills on week 2. Unfortunately you won't really know about pregnancy until you get your period and/or take a pregnancy test.

How do you know the condom broke? Did you check and see that it had?

Are you aware of the Plan B option? It's a pill you take after unprotected sex - and can reduce the risks of pregnancy. The sooner you take it, the better but it can still be effective a couple of days after sex. If this just happened, you can get it from the pharmacy - and take it as directed.

Here is more on Plan B - http://www.empowher.com/news/2009/07/13/fda-oks-single-dose-plan-b-emergency-contraceptive

We wish you the best and please keep us posted!