ask: I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By sarfis

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Mary Smith_2

Hi!! I missed my pill last night and took it as soon as I remembered this morning (8:30). My boyfriend and I are planning on having sex tonight and by then I will have two pills in my system. Should I be concerned about getting pregnant or will I be fine. I have not missed a single pill other than the one last night.

Anonymous (reply to Mary Smith_2)

Sorry this is a little late but when you miss a pill, you should wait at least a week of taking the normal pills (not the placebo pills/ brown pills) or else you will be unprotected. Or at least use backup contraceptive (condom) for a week until you are definitely back on track.

Anonymous

I have been on birth control for a year, never missed a pill and have always taken themat the same time every morning. I had my last period last week and finished my pack. However I missed three days due to not having refills,(friday, saturday, and sunday). I have been back on them pill since monday at regular time. Is it safe to have unprotected sex or should I use a back up method till after a week?

Definitely use back up until a week has passed when you've just start a new pack. The first week a always the riskiest. So please use back up until a week has gone by or you will not be protected.

Anonymous

Hi, I've been on Generess Fe for about 8 months now. Since I started taking the pill I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, I've never missed a pill, I've always taken it at the same time. This past week I missed a pill but I didn't noticed until now, some of the pill I've been taking 3-5 hours later than usual. Last time I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend was about 2-3 weeks ago. Could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

So I missed 3 pills in a row, what do I do now ? Should I take 2 tonight & the other 2 tomorrow to catch up ? Please help me I need to know ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 yrs and last week my bf came inside me twice but I missed my pill 2 or 3 days in a row. Is there any chance I could be pregnant?

Anonymous

Thanks Anonymous,
We will look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous

There is always the possibility even when your on birth control to get pregnant. The only way to find out if you are pregnant is to wait and see if you miss a period and take a pregnancy test to be sure. For more information, please review these articles: Answers for Women: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex?.

For future reference, you should also use condoms whenever engaging in sexual activity since condoms will not only help reduce pregnancy but will also protect you from sexually transmitted diseases. Will you please keep us updated?

Good luck,
Missie

ofcourse i will. i rly rlyyy hope im not. that will ruin everything. thank you for the advice though. ill let you know what happens... thanks!

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: