Q: 

I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By June 28, 2010 - 7:58am

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

I recently didn't take my pill on friday has sex Friday Saturday Sunday haven't taken my pill sense Thursday. Could I be pregnant?

Hello Anon

Pregnancy is possible if you ovulated. Your next period will be a sign that pregnancy did not occur.

Anonymous

Hi there, I stopped taking my pill on Thursday it is now Saturday and no sign of a period. In the past if I've missed my pills just 2 days in a row I would get them. I have had regular sex sometimes he came inside sometimes he didn't. I only decided to come off the pill because I felt it wasn't working as well and have a new different type. Should I be worried?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you had any bleeding yet?

Had my period on 3/7 which lasted my normal 4 days...on 14th & 15th I had unprotected sex...which missed a few pills...got caught up on them...then had sex again on the 21st-23rd where again I missed a few more pills...the last time took them was on the 24th ..now on what seems to be my period...which started on the 28th...I'm not really soaking up my tampons ..which I am now worried I might be pregnant...haven't been feeling good since before this so called period... wondering what's going on

HERWriter Guide (reply to Curious for sure)

Hello curious for sure

Take a pregnancy test to rule it out but it sounds like you have a period, albeit a light one.

Anonymous

Hi, I am using yasmin and missed 3 pills in a row in starting of 3rd week(21pill pack),had unprotected sex 2 times after that but started bleeding on 4th day.could I still be pregnant?? WHEN should I test for pregnancy??

Hello Anon

You can test for pregnancy as soon as you miss your period, if your period doesn't come first.

Anonymous

Hi

I just traveled today an realized I forgot to pack my contraceptive pills. I'm going to be away for 3 day(thurs,friday,sat) the Sunday I will be back to take my pill. I haven't missed any pills as of yet and I missing pills from the 3rd week of a 28 day pack(Oralcon).

What can I do to ensure I haven't messed too much with the effectiveness of the pill. I have been using the pill successfully for over 6 months.

Is it possible to take the 3 pills I missed on the Sunday including the pill I'm due to take on Sunday (4 total) and continue a usual after.

I haven't had sex since I started this pack( 2 weeks)

What are my options? What can I do?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Because you will miss three doses, call your doctor for instructions. You may need to take two pills on Sunday, two pills on Monday and two pills on Tuesday. Or you might need to throw out the rest of the pill pack and start over with a new pack.

If you should have intercourse, your partner must wear a condom.

Regards,

Tags: