I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By June 28, 2010 - 7:58am

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi,
I am on Nortrel 1/28 and I have been on it for about a year. I missed the first 3 pills on week 1. And I had unprotected sex on the Sunday and the Monday i missed. Both times he came inside of me. What are the chances of being pregnant?

Hello Anon

We can't gauge your risk in terms of percentages but there is some risk since you missed three pills, especially the first week. In future you need to used condoms for at least 7 days.

If you don't get your period when expected, take a test but jeep taking your pills this month.

Anonymous

I missed week of birth control after my week off. My last period was December 5 to the 9 , then had sex on the 15 could I be pregnant ? Started my new back December 28.

Hello Shanetzizak7

Pregnancy is possible, yes, if you had unprotected sex. Keep taking your new pack and use protected for the next 7 days. You can text for pregnancy 14-21 days after sex.

Anonymous

I missed the last 3 pills in wk 3. Instead of starting a new pack on Sunday and skipping a period, I decided to just start my period. So, my period came on Sunday. I had unprotected sex that week at the end on a Sat. I'm concerned that I could have ovulated given that I had missed my pills and potentially thrown my system off. Could I be preganant?

Anonymous

So I've been on the pill for only two months but I'm horrible about taking pills I always forget. I've missed at least a week and had sex the 4th unprotected sex and I didn't take any pill after could I be pregnant?

Anytime you miss pill you can get pregnant. If you don't get your period on time you can test for pregnancy.

There are other options for birth control like an IUD or injection which may work better for you.

Anonymous

On wednesday night I forgot to take my birth control pill. Thursday my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came inside of me. I doubled up on my pills a little late on Thursday night. Is there a chance of pregnancy?

I havent took my birth control pills for 8 days meaning from last sunday to this sunday me and my lover had sex friday could i become pregnant

AS long as you took both pills that day - and you did - you should be protected.