I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By June 28, 2010 - 7:58am

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi, i just missed 2 days of the pill, and then we had sex and he came inside of me, that night I still wasn't able to take the pill. The next day I took the pill again but I started another pack because I accidentally discarded my previous set of the pill. Is there a possibility that I could become pregnant?

Hello Anon

There is some risk since you did not make up your pills on time. You may wish to take emergency contraception, it's very effective if taken within the first 72 hours. Make sure you read the paperwork that come with it so you know what to expect.

You also need to use condoms for the next 7 days as a precaution.

Hi, so I am usually great about taking my pills everyday and I have never missed one. Last Sunday (2/12) had unprotected sex in the morning. I had taken my pills all throughout the week without missing one. Today (2/19) I just realized that I had forgotten to taken my pill for yesterday. So I took both yesterday and today's pills at 5 which is my normal time I take it. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous1)

Hello Anon

Your risk has not been rasied.

Anonymous

Hey, I take the microgynon pill and have been for a few years. I missed 2 days then had unprotected sex taking the pill for the next 2 days then ending the cycle. I then had a weird period where it was not heavy as usual and the dark brown blood, no heavy flow. I'm freaking myself out as I've become spotty and my aerola and labia have become darker than normal is there possibility I'm preganant?

Anonymous

Hi I missed 3 of my pills last week Tuesday- Thursday took 1 pill Friday then back to normal, first week back after being on my period. I had sex on the Tuesday, then sat and Sunday. Could I be pregnant?! When should do a test?

Hello Anon

Since you missed three pills there is a slight risk of pregnancy. You can test 14021 days after sex.

I didnt take the pill for 3 days now .. However yesterday i had sex and i gt ook 3 bills on one shot ... Am i at risk ? Today i took 2 pills as well

Hello Anon

That is not proper birth control usage so you may have some risk. You need to take your pill every day.

Anonymous

Hello,
I was sick during wk 1 of my pills. I missed 2 days of pills and took them in one day. Unfortunately, I vomited the 2 pills (within 20 minutes), but continued taking pills that wk. During the second week, I was late taking Thursday and Friday's pills. I had unprotected sex with my partner on Friday and took the 2 missed pills that Friday night. Could I possibly be pregnant?