I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By June 28, 2010 - 7:58am

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi

I just traveled today an realized I forgot to pack my contraceptive pills. I'm going to be away for 3 day(thurs,friday,sat) the Sunday I will be back to take my pill. I haven't missed any pills as of yet and I missing pills from the 3rd week of a 28 day pack(Oralcon).

What can I do to ensure I haven't messed too much with the effectiveness of the pill. I have been using the pill successfully for over 6 months.

Is it possible to take the 3 pills I missed on the Sunday including the pill I'm due to take on Sunday (4 total) and continue a usual after.

I haven't had sex since I started this pack( 2 weeks)

What are my options? What can I do?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Because you will miss three doses, call your doctor for instructions. You may need to take two pills on Sunday, two pills on Monday and two pills on Tuesday. Or you might need to throw out the rest of the pill pack and start over with a new pack.

If you should have intercourse, your partner must wear a condom.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, i just missed 2 days of the pill, and then we had sex and he came inside of me, that night I still wasn't able to take the pill. The next day I took the pill again but I started another pack because I accidentally discarded my previous set of the pill. Is there a possibility that I could become pregnant?

Hello Anon

There is some risk since you did not make up your pills on time. You may wish to take emergency contraception, it's very effective if taken within the first 72 hours. Make sure you read the paperwork that come with it so you know what to expect.

You also need to use condoms for the next 7 days as a precaution.

Hi, so I am usually great about taking my pills everyday and I have never missed one. Last Sunday (2/12) had unprotected sex in the morning. I had taken my pills all throughout the week without missing one. Today (2/19) I just realized that I had forgotten to taken my pill for yesterday. So I took both yesterday and today's pills at 5 which is my normal time I take it. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous1)

Hello Anon

Your risk has not been rasied.

Anonymous

Hey, I take the microgynon pill and have been for a few years. I missed 2 days then had unprotected sex taking the pill for the next 2 days then ending the cycle. I then had a weird period where it was not heavy as usual and the dark brown blood, no heavy flow. I'm freaking myself out as I've become spotty and my aerola and labia have become darker than normal is there possibility I'm preganant?

Anonymous

Hi I missed 3 of my pills last week Tuesday- Thursday took 1 pill Friday then back to normal, first week back after being on my period. I had sex on the Tuesday, then sat and Sunday. Could I be pregnant?! When should do a test?

Hello Anon

Since you missed three pills there is a slight risk of pregnancy. You can test 14021 days after sex.

I didnt take the pill for 3 days now .. However yesterday i had sex and i gt ook 3 bills on one shot ... Am i at risk ? Today i took 2 pills as well