ask: I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By sarfis

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

I have been on birth control for a year, never missed a pill and have always taken themat the same time every morning. I had my last period last week and finished my pack. However I missed three days due to not having refills,(friday, saturday, and sunday). I have been back on them pill since monday at regular time. Is it safe to have unprotected sex or should I use a back up method till after a week?

Anonymous

Hi, I've been on Generess Fe for about 8 months now. Since I started taking the pill I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, I've never missed a pill, I've always taken it at the same time. This past week I missed a pill but I didn't noticed until now, some of the pill I've been taking 3-5 hours later than usual. Last time I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend was about 2-3 weeks ago. Could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

So I missed 3 pills in a row, what do I do now ? Should I take 2 tonight & the other 2 tomorrow to catch up ? Please help me I need to know ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 yrs and last week my bf came inside me twice but I missed my pill 2 or 3 days in a row. Is there any chance I could be pregnant?

Anonymous

Thanks Anonymous,
We will look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous

There is always the possibility even when your on birth control to get pregnant. The only way to find out if you are pregnant is to wait and see if you miss a period and take a pregnancy test to be sure. For more information, please review these articles: Answers for Women: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex?.

For future reference, you should also use condoms whenever engaging in sexual activity since condoms will not only help reduce pregnancy but will also protect you from sexually transmitted diseases. Will you please keep us updated?

Good luck,
Missie

ofcourse i will. i rly rlyyy hope im not. that will ruin everything. thank you for the advice though. ill let you know what happens... thanks!

Anonymous

ok so im 15 yrs old. and ive been on the pill for around 6 months i think. and last night my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex. and i figure things are just fine if he pulls out in time. but last nigh he didnt. and he happened inside me. he didnt even know he had done it. also i havge misswwed mayube 3 or 4 pills this month. ive made each of them up by taking 2 a day the next day. do you think that because he came inside me i may be pregnant...?? plz let me know

Anytime you have unprotected sex and miss several pills in-a-row, your chances of pregnancy increase significantly. Your pills are 99% effective at preventing pregnancy when taken consistently and correctly; when you miss several pills, this effectiveness rate decreases.

Each cycle is counted as its own separate cycle each month, and it is irrelevant if you have taken the pill previously for 3 months or 10 years. If you miss pills during one cycle, that one cycle you can ovulate, and if you have unprotected sex, the sperm can fertilize an egg. It only takes one time. Some women need to be off of birth control for a month just to know when their normal period begins (women do not have periods when taking birth control pills, the bleeding you experience is actually "withdrawal bleeding"); it is not a requirement to be off of birth control in order to become pregnant. You can get pregnant "quick" with just one instance of unprotected sex and not taking pills (especially missing 3 in-a-row).

Having sex before missing pills also is not a safe choice, as sperm can live inside your body for 3-5 days.

I wish I could offer some reassuring words. Did you make up the pills that you missed? Did you choose to take emergency contraception?

Anonymous

Hi...Im 36 yrs old and I've been on the pill for 10 years now..My boyfriend and i had sex on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I am on the birthcontrol pill so we decided not to use a condom. I forgot to take my pill on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Could there be a chance of me getting pregnant? I've been on the pill for so long? What are my chances to get pregnant this quick?

RR

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: