ask: I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

Okay, so after 2 days of freaking out after missing 4 pills during my 2nd week of birth control, while having unprotected sex twice during that time, I was left completely freaking out! I have been taking the pill for a very long time, 14 years, and never miss a single pill at night, so I have absolutely no idea how I missed that many pills in a row, except that I've been under a great deal of stress and have been forgetful the past few days. I was so nervous about the possibility of pregnancy. Answers on Google are totally contradictory. Everything said it takes at least 2 weeks of being off the pill to ovulate because you can't get pregnant on the pill since you aren't ovulating. Hence, how can you be at risk by missing one to three pills when it takes being off the pills for at least 7-14 days to start the ovulation process? I felt so much better after talking to my OB doctor. They said even missing three to four pills during the first two weeks of your pill packet is pretty much still not a risk of pregnancy, however legally they have to say that on the box. When they say you are at risk by missing one to three pills, they are talking about like 5% higher, not 80% chance of higher risk of pregnancy. So ladies, put your mind at ease. They said typically those who get pregnant by missing 1-3 pills are not people who do well on any form of birth control anyway, not the norm. I know my mom got pregnant on every form of birth control...again, outside the norm. I hope this helps, because I know it put my mind at a great deal of ease. Either way, be safe and follow the guidelines of how your birth control box and doctor recommend you handle your situation of missing pills. And for everyone else who thinks you may be an idiot or making comments that you are irresponsible are clearly those few folks who have never made a single mistake in their entire lives and live a perfect existence. Wow! That must be amazing. Love and light.

Anonymous

Hi.

I am taking reclipsen and I took 1 active pill on Sunday in week 3 forgot to take Monday's pill, but had unprotected sex that night, Tuesday came around and had sex with my boyfriend again and he ejaculated in me but forgot to take a Tuesday pill as well. It is now Wednesday Feb 4,2015. I feel so dumb and scatter brain and don't know what to do. Is there a chance I can become pregnant? What would happen if I took the placebo pills (inactive pills)?

Anonymous

Hi I have been on birth control for almost two years and I had my period then missed 5 pills after my period and had unprotected sex is it possible I could have got pregnant

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex a couple days after my period, and I missed the first three pills of my new pack that I was suppose to start right after. Now here I am 10 days later with swollen boobs, can't stomach certain smells , and today I started crying for really no reason. Could I be pregnant? (I know ovulation isn't until later in the month, but could me missing my pills have made me ovulate early and then the sperm from the incident would have still been active)

Anonymous

Hi So I missed three days of my pills. Sunday Monday and today. I keep forgetting to pick up just refill after work. So that's gonna an make three nights tonight not taking my pill. What are my chances of having sex tonight n might getting pregnant? What should I do. I need advice from someone who had the same situation as mine? What did you do?

Mary Smith_2

Hi!! I missed my pill last night and took it as soon as I remembered this morning (8:30). My boyfriend and I are planning on having sex tonight and by then I will have two pills in my system. Should I be concerned about getting pregnant or will I be fine. I have not missed a single pill other than the one last night.

Anonymous (reply to Mary Smith_2)

Sorry this is a little late but when you miss a pill, you should wait at least a week of taking the normal pills (not the placebo pills/ brown pills) or else you will be unprotected. Or at least use backup contraceptive (condom) for a week until you are definitely back on track.

Anonymous

I have been on birth control for a year, never missed a pill and have always taken themat the same time every morning. I had my last period last week and finished my pack. However I missed three days due to not having refills,(friday, saturday, and sunday). I have been back on them pill since monday at regular time. Is it safe to have unprotected sex or should I use a back up method till after a week?

Definitely use back up until a week has passed when you've just start a new pack. The first week a always the riskiest. So please use back up until a week has gone by or you will not be protected.

Anonymous

Hi, I've been on Generess Fe for about 8 months now. Since I started taking the pill I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, I've never missed a pill, I've always taken it at the same time. This past week I missed a pill but I didn't noticed until now, some of the pill I've been taking 3-5 hours later than usual. Last time I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend was about 2-3 weeks ago. Could I be pregnant?

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: