Q: 

I missed 3 days of my birth control pills

By June 28, 2010 - 7:58am

I am 25 years old, I have been taking birth control since I was 18. I skipped 3 days of pills (a weds, thurs, and friday) On Thursday we had sex and he came inside of me, on Saturday we had sex again and he pulled out. The first timd we had sex was the 24th of the month and the 2nd was the 26th of the month. The first day of my last period was the 14th of the month. I am also taking an antibiotic that lessens the effectiveness of the pill. What are the chances that I became pregnant?

Anonymous

I forgot to take my pills for three days in a row (Mon, Tues, Wednesday) on thursday I took 2 pills and am going to take the other 2 today to be back on track. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last night (Thursday). Can I be pregnant or will I be fine since I took two of the pills I missed yesterday afternoon?

Hello Anon

You may be ok but no guarantees - if you miss 3 days you make them up as you did but you should use a backup condom for 7 days.

Anonymous

Help! I started a new combo pill pack 3 days late (Monday instead of Friday) and was told by the pharmacist to take 2 pills in a day for 2 days then continue on as normal (the manual suggested this as well for missing 2+ pills) along with abstaining from unprotected sex for 7 days. This basically caused me to finish my pack a day later than normal. I had sex on week 3 of my pack after taking my pills daily. It has been about a day past when I normally receive my period, should I be worried?

Anonymous

i missed my pill for 3 day I was supposed to start my white pill but did not I then go my pills on the 3rd day and took two that morning and had unprotected sex with my bf. should I be worried. I am a very fertile woman.

There is no additional risk since you made up your missed pill correctly.

Anonymous

Please help! I forgot to buy a new pack of pills (Microgynon 30ED) and had unprotected sex on the 3rd day (last night). Should I take emergency contraception today? If so, when can I start the new pack of my regular pills.

Hello Anon

If you don't want to risk pregnancy, you can consider EC. Talk to your doctor/pharmacist about when to start your pack.

I went on holiday for a week from the 2nd May - 9th May and left my pills at home, the last pill (microgynon) I took was on the 1st May and the next on the 9th may, I had unprotected sex on the 9th when I got home, am I at risk?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Anon12345mfx)

Hello Anon

If you skip many pills and have sex, there is a risk.

Anonymous

Hi, I had to start a different kind of birth control this month. I was used to taking active pills for three weeks and then getting my period. I just now noticed that I had three active pills left to take, but I still got my period. I missed Sun-Tues on the 4th week. My flow was very light and my boyfriend and I had sex but the condom broke. Will I need to take an emergency contraceptive, or should I just continue onto the next pack?

Tags: