I missed my period and i haven't had sex what could it be?

I am sixteen and i missed my period and i am late by 5 days now and i haven't had sex. I am wondering what it is? Usually it is exactly 28 days and never irregular. It's always the same. Usually i am always playing sports but this summer i am not and i just got a new job and have been eating differently because well i work at subway so i get to eat there free while i work. I tend to work like four days a week and i drink the fountain drinks a lot too. Also i am stressed with a school project over the summer. I haven't had sex and my boyfriend has put his fingers down there but that is about all. I've been really worried and waiting for my period to arrive. What could be going on? Please i need help!

Hi M.S.

It could be the changes in your life that is causing this (make sure you keep your food choices smart and seriously stay away from fountain drinks, even diet ones; they're as bad in their own way since they have chemicals in them) and feeling stress over school.

Since you cannot be pregnant, you will likely get your period very soon but also bear in mind that you can skip a period from stress. I moved countries when I was 17 and didn't get my period for three full months, and I didn't even feel "stress", but big changes can change our bodies.