I really need help, somebody?

By Anonymous April 5, 2012 - 9:44am

I had (this was not smart on my part, & I'm aware of it.) unprotected sex I believe it was on the 8th of March. A week or so later, I had was I thought was my somewhat early period somewhere near the time of the 14th (Many new what I thought were PMS symptoms that I had never had before, VERY sore breasts, ect.) ...It's now April 5 & I'm spotting. What's going on?

I'm glad I could help, Anon!

I hope you get the result you're hoping for!

Hi again Anon!

You never said your early period was different - just an early period. Was it very light?

I agree that this is unusual and based on the fact that you did have unprotected sex at a risky time (sperm can stay alive up to 5 days in a woman's body so she can get pregnant if she ovulates a few days after she has sex), then taking a test is a good idea if you want your mind at ease.

Otherwise, you'll just have to see what happens in the next week or so.

You're the first person to answer my questions, even when I ask people in person. I'm so thankful! & It started actually heavier then normal, but then went normal, maybe a little lighter but not to much.

Thanks for your post! If you had your period after unprotected sex, then you're not pregnant.

Your symptoms now may be PMS and your next period might be a few days, hence the spotting. This make sense, based on your monthly calendar (from the dates you gave).

If you don't get your period when it's expected, take a test. Or if you suspect you may actually be pregnant, take a test now so you know where you stand . PMS and pregnancy symptoms mimic each other so we cannot say which is could be.

Thank you! I just thought it's a little strange that I get my "period" just two weeks apart? Since the "period" that was after sex, was weeks earlier then when it should have been. & Such a different flow. Just scared me. Thanks again! :)