Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide

ask: I think he may have given me an STD! Advice please?

By Angelwings23

I have a friend with benefits and we sleep together quite frequently or when our schedule permits. The last time we were together was on the 3rd of March so about 8 days ago. We used a condom and we had no accidents or anything. A couple of days ago I noticed I was itching in my vaginal area and I noticed an odor. Over the course of the past few days I have noticed the itching getting worse and of course if I scratch too much, I start burning. I also noticed a discharge.

I was thinking it may be a yeast infection until I noticed today that on the right side of my thigh it has gotten sore and slightly swollen like the lymph nodes are inflamed. Is this common with a yeast infection? I've never had one before and I'm scared it may be an STD! Advice please???

Hi Angelwings23

Having a friend-with-benefits increases the chance of an STI or STD due to neither of you being monogamous but since you used a condom, your risk is a lot lower.

The discharge from a yeast infection often looks like cottage cheese, but this isn't always the case so you may indeed have a yeast infection.

Herpes and gonorrhea can cause swelling in joints and around the thigh area. I strongly recommend you consult a doctor. 

Angelwings23 (reply to Susan Cody)

Actually i am monogamous as i only sleep with him. I have never slept with anyone else since becoming fwb's with him. Now whether he is sleeping with anyone else, i don't know. He says he isn't but who knows. Also, since we used a condom on the 3rd of March, could this be an infection stemming from a bc failure(condom broke) on the 21st of February?
My plan is to get a yeast infection kit, use it and then if that doesn't clear things up then I'll go to the doctors.

Have you ever been tested for STDs?: