Q: 

If had chlamydia twice, are you at risk for being infertile?

By Anonymous November 10, 2011 - 10:42am

I've contracted chlamydia twice in my life, both over two years ago, and I'm only twenty... I heard once that if you have an STD multiple times, you have a higher risk for not having children one day. All I've ever wanted to be was a mom...How likely are my chances of being infertile?

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
I was treated for chlamydia two weeks ago and my boyfriend was then treated a week later, however we had sex on the fourth day of his treatment. Is it likely that I would have been reinfected? Or what is the best thing to do? Should I go back and do another test, or ask for another round of antibiotics?

Hello Anon

As soon as a person is treated, they need to wait 7 days until resuming sex so I'm not sure why you'd have sex on Day 4.

Call your doctor to see if re-treatment is necessary; it may be.

Anonymous

Hi I contracted chlaymida off my ex back in September and got it treated the same month I then ended up getting back with my ex at the end of February and he told me he got treated and stupidly believed him but I recently got a uti which turned into a kidney infection and got treated and it went away but now I'm worried that it could of been pid and worried I've chlaymida again but could pid been diagnosed wrongly as a kidney infection , and the what is the chances I would be infertile as Its only March now and I'm getting checked tomorow

Hello Anon

Focus on treatment for now. It's highly unlikely PID could be confused with a kidney infection based on the location of the pelvis and kidney's (pretty far away) and the symptoms and testing process.

Let us know what happens tomorrow and tell your doctor about your concerns.

I hope you have given this boyfriend the boot.

Anonymous

Hi Susan ,

I had chlamydia 3 times in my life . Each time was given to be by me ex . Although I loved him I did not trust him . Each time I had symptoms went to the Docter and got treatment . The third time was the last straw . We have not been together for 4 years . I hav since than gone to get tested every year for stds and my annual Pap smear . Just to make sure my health is well . My new partner and I have been tested for stds and everything is negative . I am now trying to get pregnant for a year with no luck . I'm scared those 3 times have made me Infertile . Please I'm super worried I can't even sleep ;(

Hello Anon

Hopefully you had it three times and got treated three times and didn't have it without knowing it. It's good that you were treated each time you knew you had it.

Anyone trying for pregnancy unsuccessfully for a year needs to see a doctor to have her fertility checked. Your partner will also have to have this done.

Good luck - I hope things work out for you.

Anonymous

I got chlamydia 5 years ago but recently got it again, I went to the doctor and was only given two pills, should that be enough to get rid of it?

Hello Anon

I am not aware of the dosage for chlamydia. I assume the two pills are all that is required if your doctor only prescribed these two pills.
Call your doctor for more information.

Anonymous

Hi, so wen I 20yr ago I got tested positive for chlamydia while I was pregnant and got treated. Three years later I got tested again came back as negative, now my partner tested positive for gonorrhea. Could I have given him gonorrhea if my test is negative?

I'm sure a follow up was done when you were pregnancy to make sure you were properly treated.

So it's not possible for you to have given him this infection.

Make sure you do not have any kind of unprotected sex with him and you will both need to be treated even if you are negative (as a precaution).

Tags:

Chlamydia

Chlamydia Guide