If had chlamydia twice, are you at risk for being infertile?

By Anonymous November 10, 2011 - 10:42am

I've contracted chlamydia twice in my life, both over two years ago, and I'm only twenty... I heard once that if you have an STD multiple times, you have a higher risk for not having children one day. All I've ever wanted to be was a mom...How likely are my chances of being infertile?

Anonymous

Hi, so wen I 20yr ago I got tested positive for chlamydia while I was pregnant and got treated. Three years later I got tested again came back as negative, now my partner tested positive for gonorrhea. Could I have given him gonorrhea if my test is negative?

I'm sure a follow up was done when you were pregnancy to make sure you were properly treated.

So it's not possible for you to have given him this infection.

Make sure you do not have any kind of unprotected sex with him and you will both need to be treated even if you are negative (as a precaution).

Anonymous

Hi, I have had 3 different STIs transmitted through an ex, I didn't know I had them originally, but they were probably there for a couple of years before I really noticed, and then due to being too scared to go to the doctor and to tell my family because I was young I had them for a little while longer, I am clean now and wondering will I be able to have kids? because my ex that gave me the diseases we had sex multiple times where he didn't pull out and I never became pregnant, so was that due to me having the diseases or am I now infertil?

(reply to Anonymous)

Hello, I am in the same boat as you. When I was 17, my then boyfriend cheated on me with a girl and caught chlamydia. He then gave it to me. I didn't find out for 5 months. When I finally got treated for it, the nurse made me drunk this nasty purple stuff with foam. About 3 in a half years later, a doctor said I had it again, except the second time they treated me with a shot and some pills. I feared that he either cheated on me again, or that the first time drinking the nasty purple stuff didn't get rid of it, making me question if I had chlamydia for three years. Although I remember having numerous yearly check ups prior and everything was negative. I am now 26, and when i tell you I have never been pregnant, I mean I never got pregnant and been trying every month for the past 9 years. The crazy part of it all, us that I'm still with the ass hole who gave it to me. I am mad at him as we speak, because I cant get over the fact he probably messed me up for having children, but I love him...I have mixed emotions. I say all this to say keep trying to get pregnant if you are. Best of luck, remember if it's in god's hands for you to be a mom you will be a mom

We cannot say if you are fertile or not; only about 15-20% of women having sex will get pregnant every month so you could have just been lucky (your ex doesn't sound like someone you'd want to have a child with).

You can talk to your doctor about your fears. These infections can cause PID - pelvic inflammatory disease (which can lead to infertility) and she can perform an exam. There is no one test for PID but there are methods your doctor can use (exam, ultrasound).

Good luck,
Ssuabn

Anonymous

I have gotten chlamydia once and got it treated, now i got it again and i also got two pills of the azithromycin, However i am using the azithro for an ear infection as well...will it still clear up my chlamydia?

This medication is used for both infections so it should work. Are you concerned it won't be strong enough to cure both infections? If so, call your doctor to make sure.

Anonymous

Im only 18 years old but I contracted chlamydia twice when I was only 14 the doctor said the first time was treated and the second but the second time I contracted it the doctor said if left scarring tissue. I never use protection with my sexual partners and I cant seem to get pregnant . I have my monthly period . So whst is wrong with me

If your second bout of chlamydia then you may have something called Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ( PID )and you may also transfer it to other people. You shouldn't be having sex with multiple men if you know you have an untreated STI and if you would like to have a baby, a monogamous, committed relationship is the best start. And remember you're only a teen yourself! Enjoy life!

Read more about PID here, as it can cause infertility but that is not necessarily the case with you.

But i think you should see a fertility specialist so you know where you stand.

Read more on PID here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/pelvic-inflammatory-disease

Anonymous

Hi, when I was 19 I was with this boy for three months and he split up with me by text! I went the doctors as I didn't seem right underneath and turned out I had chlymedia! I got antibiotics for it and it cleared up and got re tested and was negative, when I was 22 I met someone new and I got tested negative when we first started seeing each other, few months into the relationship I started bleeding inbetween my periods and was hurting when I would pee, so I went the doctors as the spotting wouldn't stop and I was positive! To this day still think he cheated on me with his kids mum as he used to see her to see the kid so he said and then he blamed me for giving it to him then tried to blag that his ex must have gave him it years ago! I'm negative now and I'm a happy relationship, been with my boyfriend one year now and I'm 24, we always talk about are future, not much about having babies yet but I'm worried my past sexual health will stop me from having babies :,( my partner knows about my sexual health, I always get paranoid thinking it can just come back though even when my partner is clean I just feel like it will come back and this worries me! I'm due to have my first cervical screening soon as I'm nearly 25 and just wondering will they check my tubes and make sure there not blocked? I'm scared! I'm nearly 25 and sorting my life out and I want to be a mum one day it's my dream to have a family I didn't have while I grew up. Thanks for reading

Chlamydia

Chlamydia Guide