If I have been on nuvaring for two weeks and now my vagina is swollen should I take it out?

By May 26, 2012 - 6:42pm

I have only been on nuvaring for two weeks and my vagina is swollen and I am just wondering should I take it out?

I called my OB/GYN and she is going to get me in next month to make sure it is nothing serious. I was just wondering because when I have sex now it hurts. I have P.C.O.S. and have since I was 14. It has never hurt before until after I started nuvaring. Was just wondering if this is normal.

Hi PCOS Baby,

The most common side effects from NuvaRing are vaginal infection and irritation. To be absolutely sure that this is nothing more than an irritation, please schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN.

For more side effects, risks, and adverse effects, please visit: http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/risks-and-side-effects/index.asp

Good Luck,