I'm 20 and never had sex but my period is late. What could it be?

By April 22, 2010 - 12:10pm

I've been getting my period for almost ten years and I have never been good at keep track because it came on so randomly. But it hasn't come on at all and it worries me at first I thought it was a yeast infection but I don't have symptoms. But sometimes when I wipe its white milky stuff and when I looked it up online it sad that it was something that happened before your period, that wasn't the first time it happened but I didn't know it happen before my period. But I still haven't got it. Is there something I can do to bring it on? Or a way to figure out whats wrong? I can't go to my sisters they're all younger than me and my mom is mom and it would be nerve wrecking to tell her and get her all worked up before I even know for sure whats wrong or I'm not overreacting. I'm not the skinniest person but I'm not obese either. This has never happened before. Please help.

Anonymous

why my period is late and i am unmarried? i have no stress etc/
Is a effect of weather?

Hello Anon

Weather should not affect your cycle but many other things can like taking medication or stress or a change in lifestyle. I'm sure your period will be along soon.

Anonymous

Hello. I'm 22 and generally I'm a regular person when it comes to my period. I use an app in order to keep track of it. Last month it came on Nov. 17 and it lasted for about 4 days which is normal for me, but this month I haven't got my period. I haven't had sex in more than a year and this is staring to worry me since there is no readon for me to miss a period. I had final exams on Dec 1st and then my dog got sick and I got really stressed, and I thought it could possibly be that, but it's scaring me since It's already the 39th day and it hasn't come. I've been having my regular pms symptoms such as bloated breasts and acne, but I'm not sure whats going on.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stress is a most likely reason. You have been stressed over exams and now worried why your period is so late.

Consider scheduling an appointment with a gynecologist for a physical exam, if you think that may give you peace of mind. There could be a hormonal issue that has developed. Hard for me to say.

Otherwise, try to relax and see what happens.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hey I'm 21 and I had sex with my now ex back in august of 2016. Then got my period as usual the month after and every month after. But this month (December) it is now a week late. I normally have very regular periods at most it's like 2 days but never this long. Does it have anything thing to do with how long my last period was? Last month it lasted 2 weeks when my periods are normally around 9 -10 days? I know I gained weight bc I went from a B cup to a C cup since I went back to eating college food? I'm sure I'm not pregnant but my instinct still worries if I am (when I can't be because I got my period the last few months and haven't done anything since august) I keep being told to see a doctor but I legit leave for school in less than a week and my school is across the country. So any advice on what could be wrong? help?!

Hello Anon

If you were pregnant you'd be in your second trimester now and you would not be having regular menstrual periods. A pregnancy test can confirm this for you.

Your cycle may be off from taking exams, college stress etc.

Anonymous

Hi my name is eliz and am 16 . Iv never had an issue with my period for for weeks now i haven't had my period and i don't know why. I also have a yeast infection and thought that was the cause for the delay but it's been 3 weeks now and am really worried. Am not going thru any stress neither am i fat. Plz help me

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Eliz,

Wait and see what happens. If you have had regular menstrual cycles, have not had unprotected sex, and you miss a period for the month, consider speaking with your pediatrician.

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. You would want to be sure there is no hormonal imbalance.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi! I'm 18 and in my first year in college. Last time I had my period on 30th september and not had it since then. I've never had sex and also my menstrual cycle is about 40-45 days. What do I do?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The changes and stress associated with beginning college are most likely the causes of the absence of your period.

Regulation of menstrual periods is controlled by a complex hormonal balance.

Likewise, the body's reaction to stress involves changes in the levels of many hormones. Because it affects hormone balance and many other processes in the body, psychological stress can also interfere with the menstrual cycle.

In fact, stress is considered to be a common cause of missed or late menstrual periods.

Anonymous, try to find ways to relax or de-stress, such engaging in a sport, listening to music, doing yoga or meditation.

Regards,