I'm 20 and never had sex but my period is late. What could it be?

By April 22, 2010 - 12:10pm

I've been getting my period for almost ten years and I have never been good at keep track because it came on so randomly. But it hasn't come on at all and it worries me at first I thought it was a yeast infection but I don't have symptoms. But sometimes when I wipe its white milky stuff and when I looked it up online it sad that it was something that happened before your period, that wasn't the first time it happened but I didn't know it happen before my period. But I still haven't got it. Is there something I can do to bring it on? Or a way to figure out whats wrong? I can't go to my sisters they're all younger than me and my mom is mom and it would be nerve wrecking to tell her and get her all worked up before I even know for sure whats wrong or I'm not overreacting. I'm not the skinniest person but I'm not obese either. This has never happened before. Please help.

Anonymous

Hello, im 20 and my period is 5 days late now, i have a severe throbbing and tightening headache and i never had sex before, my finals ended a week ago but lately ive been seeing some yellow diacharge could it be because of stress issues?

Hello Anon

Yes, your period is likely delayed due to stress. If you've never had sex you can't be pregnant. I'm sure it will be along soon.

I would like to ask question. My girlfriend was already 4 days late and we had sex is there any chance to get her pregnant?

Guide (reply to Vayyyne)

Hello Vayyyyne,

If it was unprotected sex and around the time she would have ovulated, there is a chance that she became pregnant. She can take an early response pregnancy test in the next two days.

Regards,

Anonymous

why my period is late and i am unmarried? i have no stress etc/
Is a effect of weather?

Hello Anon

Weather should not affect your cycle but many other things can like taking medication or stress or a change in lifestyle. I'm sure your period will be along soon.

Anonymous

Hello. I'm 22 and generally I'm a regular person when it comes to my period. I use an app in order to keep track of it. Last month it came on Nov. 17 and it lasted for about 4 days which is normal for me, but this month I haven't got my period. I haven't had sex in more than a year and this is staring to worry me since there is no readon for me to miss a period. I had final exams on Dec 1st and then my dog got sick and I got really stressed, and I thought it could possibly be that, but it's scaring me since It's already the 39th day and it hasn't come. I've been having my regular pms symptoms such as bloated breasts and acne, but I'm not sure whats going on.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stress is a most likely reason. You have been stressed over exams and now worried why your period is so late.

Consider scheduling an appointment with a gynecologist for a physical exam, if you think that may give you peace of mind. There could be a hormonal issue that has developed. Hard for me to say.

Otherwise, try to relax and see what happens.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hey I'm 21 and I had sex with my now ex back in august of 2016. Then got my period as usual the month after and every month after. But this month (December) it is now a week late. I normally have very regular periods at most it's like 2 days but never this long. Does it have anything thing to do with how long my last period was? Last month it lasted 2 weeks when my periods are normally around 9 -10 days? I know I gained weight bc I went from a B cup to a C cup since I went back to eating college food? I'm sure I'm not pregnant but my instinct still worries if I am (when I can't be because I got my period the last few months and haven't done anything since august) I keep being told to see a doctor but I legit leave for school in less than a week and my school is across the country. So any advice on what could be wrong? help?!

Hello Anon

If you were pregnant you'd be in your second trimester now and you would not be having regular menstrual periods. A pregnancy test can confirm this for you.

Your cycle may be off from taking exams, college stress etc.