Q: 

I'm 20 and never had sex but my period is late. What could it be?

By April 22, 2010 - 12:10pm

I've been getting my period for almost ten years and I have never been good at keep track because it came on so randomly. But it hasn't come on at all and it worries me at first I thought it was a yeast infection but I don't have symptoms. But sometimes when I wipe its white milky stuff and when I looked it up online it sad that it was something that happened before your period, that wasn't the first time it happened but I didn't know it happen before my period. But I still haven't got it. Is there something I can do to bring it on? Or a way to figure out whats wrong? I can't go to my sisters they're all younger than me and my mom is mom and it would be nerve wrecking to tell her and get her all worked up before I even know for sure whats wrong or I'm not overreacting. I'm not the skinniest person but I'm not obese either. This has never happened before. Please help.

Anonymous

i am 21 and i am a virgin but since last two cycles my periods late by 18-20 days
my life has been very sedentary recently..
what am i suppose to do? is der any problem with me?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The change to a more sedentary lifestyle may the reason your periods have been late.

For peace of mind, consider scheduling an appointment with a gynecologist.

Anonymous

I'm 17. I had sex a few months ago then started my normal period a week after that. It's been 13 days since I was supposed to start my period this month. I've had tender breast cramps that aren't bad but there's feeling to them and I've had my days where I'm moody. I get discharge all month long and it's super heavy right now. What's wrong with me?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I cannot say. Consider scheduling an appointment with your gynecologist to find a reason for this change.

Anonymous

I've been having cramps for about 4 days and no sign of my period. I've always have clear white discharge every time I get off my period and the days before I get on my period it becomes heavy clear discharge. I haven't had sex or fooled around with a guy, zero anything. My cramps are extremely painful and I'm scared it could be something wrong. Please help

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Did you start your period?

Anonymous

Hi I need help! I am 16 and my period is 4 days late. I do not have sex but a couple of days ago me and my boyfriend rubbed our genitals together and it slipped in for like 2 seconds. We did something similar later that night but not directly on my vagina. My bf is freaking out and I need to reassure that everything is okay

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Once your period is late by at least seven days, take a pregnancy test. That is the only way to be reassured.

Anonymous

Hi
My period is about a month and a week late. I have never had sex, but my boyfriend and I have fooled around quite a bit. My period is usually irregular, and I do miss periods from time to time, the worst being 2 months 2 years ago. I had exams in April, and started a new job in May and went off of a gluten-free diet. I know it is irrational to think I'm pregnant, however I can't keep my mind of the possibility...

Anonymous

Im 2 days late for my period but never had sex. Me and my boyfriend were touching each other down there. I dont know whether im pregnant or not. Please help