Q: 

I'm 20 and never had sex but my period is late. What could it be?

By April 22, 2010 - 12:10pm

I've been getting my period for almost ten years and I have never been good at keep track because it came on so randomly. But it hasn't come on at all and it worries me at first I thought it was a yeast infection but I don't have symptoms. But sometimes when I wipe its white milky stuff and when I looked it up online it sad that it was something that happened before your period, that wasn't the first time it happened but I didn't know it happen before my period. But I still haven't got it. Is there something I can do to bring it on? Or a way to figure out whats wrong? I can't go to my sisters they're all younger than me and my mom is mom and it would be nerve wrecking to tell her and get her all worked up before I even know for sure whats wrong or I'm not overreacting. I'm not the skinniest person but I'm not obese either. This has never happened before. Please help.

Anonymous

I have been on birth control for about seven months now. I normally get my period 3 days into my last row, but this month it didn't happen. I have never had sex, but I have been friendly with my hand and mouth, if you get what I mean. Every website says a pregnancy but I'm a virgin, could you possibly tell me what is causing my either late or missed period? Please help

Anonymous

Hi, I have a Question don't know if it's stupid or not. My late period was on the 8 till 12 March I'm nearly 2 weeks late. Basically I met with a guy on the 31 March we did not have sex we touched each other, I gave him a blowjob and he came sperm was on his tummy and hands we did clean with a tissue after few minutes he fingered me. Is it possible to be pregnant? I don't have pregnancy symptoms.
Thanks

Anonymous

What if I have sexual intercourse before my period even begins.
I had never had a period before.
Can it damage something?
It's because my friend did but she never told me if anything happened and im curious.

Hello Anon

Having periods doesn't impact having sex.

However, a condom needs to be worn every time since you may ovulate with no notice.

Anonymous

Hey ..
I have not been on periods from feb. . Its nearly 2 months .. i have white discharge... i m 21 nd have never had sex .. is this delay ok ?? I m confused .. please help me out

Because each woman’s cycle is different, and because there are so many factors that cause an irregular cycle, it can sometimes be hard to pinpoint an exact reasons for irregular periods.

Contact your doctor to see why you are missing periods - you may have a hormonal imbalance.

Anonymous

Hey there..
Its been a week since I got my periods.. I have not had sex before.. I just get this White discharge.. i have this minimal pain in my abdomen.. i have had shift in my timings lately.. n it's also summer here. Why is there a delay suddenly. ?? I have been having periods regularly.. this is the first..
Please help me..

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Because each woman’s cycle is different, and because there are so many factors that cause an irregular cycle, it can sometimes be hard to pinpoint an exact reasons for irregular periods. Periods are often irregular during the first couple of years of menstruation. This is because the body is still developing the delicate hormonal balance that leads to a regular cycle.

Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa, extreme weight loss, emotional stress and increased physical activity can disrupt menstruation.

Call your doctor if you miss three or more periods a year, get your period more often than every 21 days, get it less than every 35 days, if you’re bleeding more heavily than usual during your period, if you bleed for more than seven days, or if you have more pain than usual during a period.

Regards,

Anonymous

Okay so
I've never had sex, but I am bleeding nothing but brown this cycle. I am panicking because it's never happened before and there is no pain where there is usually a crap tone.
My boyfriend an I did get a little 'hands on' (if you get my drift) one night about a month ago and while no one took their jeans off, I can't help but be concerned because all the things I have read online hasn't said that it's implantation bleeding and that I am probably pregnant.
It is irrational, but I am terrified.
I did do a water fast the day my period started (it was on time. It's kind of random but not so much that I can't get a general idea of when it comes). I have also been highly stressed with job hunting and trying to just figure out the next six months of my life... Im also experiencing some pain in my mid to lower abdominal area, but I do eat a lot of cheese and don't drink I enough water, so that could be it.
But all brown do extremely light?
What I said this!?! How scared should I be right now!?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Brown discharge is old blood and uterine lining left from your last period. This is unusual.

During periods of high stress, your body produces more cortisol, the stress hormone. A delay or missed period can happen because of this. It may be a reason behind a light, brown discharge.

No need to be scared. This only adds to your stress and anxiety.

Consider scheduling an appointment with your gynecologist to talk about this different period and rule out any underlying issue.
Better than fretting over it.

Regards,