i'm 32 and my boyfriend is 45 he would rather drink than have sex with me?

we don't live together and we have been together for almost five years, we fight over his drinking and he tells me that he can quit on his own and his drinking started at 16, he's been emotional, verbal and physical abusive through our relationship. when ever i bring up the subject of sex , he changes the subject and he expects me to initiate and when i do he turns me down. i only see him on weekends, because he works and i'm not.

I think you need to break up with this man. Why are you participating in an emotional, verbal and physically abusive relationship with someone? 

You have no kids together (I assume and that's a very good thing!) and don't even live together. 

It's time to move on - don't stay because "I love him" - even if you do - so what? He doesn't love you and is more committed to a drinking lifestyle than he is to you. 

Your age difference and the lack of sex isn't even relevant here. You're dating an abusive drunk. He'll get help eventually, or stop drinking or just go on doing the same thing and lead an empty life but that isn't your concern.  Don't make the mistake of staying on thinking you'll change him. That's not your job and you can't "fix" him. 

Stop wasting your time, Anon. It's time to make big changes in your life.