ask: I'm 44 years old and I've missed my first period ever, my husband had a vasectomy 15 years ago, I have not been with anyone else

Anonymous

Hi, I am 44 and missed my first period. I have been having night sweats for over 1 year and periods have been irregular, heavy and light. I also get very bloated. My back has been painful recently but I still feel as though I am about to start my period. I know I am not pregnant as that would be another miracle.

Is this normal.....

Anonymous

Hello, I'm 48 about to be 49 this Dec! I had my tubes tied 22 yrs ago after having my daughter. I am sexually active and has missed my first period and I have been experiencing some hot flashes for the past 8 months! Tho I can say at one time during those months, there was a time that I didn't experience any flashes. But they are back now. I'm just wondering what could possibly be going on! I'm sure there is no possibility of me being pregnant right???

Anonymous

Thanks for all the above comments. I'm 44 now and long for a baby with my new husdand of 2 years but still nothing. I have just missed a period and going on 20 days late. I'm not going to do a preggie test as I know that its a false alarm and that I could be peri-menoausal as this happened before. Ive done the LH Tests and although last month smilie face came up Ive had nothing this month...expected now I suppose.. and need to acept that unfortunately my body is slowly changing.

Anonymous

I'm 44 yrs old and I got my sections removed from my tubes. I started having the heat flashes and night sweats for the past month. I missed 2 months of my period, I cant be pregnant can I?

I posted here some time ago. I'm 45 and in November I gave birth to a baby girl. It was quite a shock but I love being a new mom again.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Wow, Anon!

What an update! Congrats on your new baby and I'm so glad you're happy at how things turned out for you!

~Susan

rachael66

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that the chances were 20%. Five years ago I would have welcomed getting pregnant. Now it would be a shock. I still have regular periods and my partner has not had a vas. We have regular, unprotected intercourse.

rachael66

I guess I'm a little ignorant about the subject but what are the odds of a woman my age getting pregnant?

Alison Beaver (reply to rachael66)

Women who are ovulating regularly without any fertility issues have "only" about 20% chance of conception with each cycle. This percentage does decline with age, but a primary factor would be if you are still ovulating and having regular periods...you may still have the 20% chance of conception each cycle.

If you are trying to conceive, it is best to talk with your OB/GYN first for a baseline checkup. Good luck!

rachael66

I'm 44 and have regular periods and haven't been on birth control for more than 10 years. I'm sexually active and haven't become pregnant so I don't expect it's likely at this point. I think the odds are against it at this age.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: