ask: I'm getting sore hands from washing the dishes. As this is woman's work how can I can encourage my wife to take a more active part? She's pretty good at ironing and vacuuming so I don't understand why she is opposed to doing this chore as well.

Dear Anonymous,

If your wife does the vacuuming and ironing, then it is only fair that you continue doing the dishes. Most houses/apartments come with a dishwasher installed. All you have to do is take a trip to the store and get some dishwasher detergent and your problem is solved.

Men who do housework, have happier wives. And like the saying goes: Happy wife, happy life. 

Rosa

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: