Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: I'm Not Comfortable

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something I really need to know and be sure about. Today I had 3D mammogram done and breast ultrasound done and the radiologist was telling me she doesn't see anything there. From my left breast I have dense, sore and tender breasts. It's been awhile I have been feeling like there is something in my left breast. I feel something in two different spots one is not painful the other is painful. Since the radiologist told me she doesn't see anything there even though I feel something I want to know for such matter what more does a doctor do about this?

I'm seeing my doctor for this in about a month for follow up and I know I will have to explain to him everything I know and meanwhile I want to know what more do you think can be done to know and see what is in my breast? I'm really not comfortable not knowing about this. Please let me know what do you think about this matter.
Thank You,
Melissa

DaisyN Guide

Hi Melissa6666,

A breast MRI. Might be another option, if your doctor feels it's truly needed. 

Daisy

Melissa6666 (reply to DaisyN)

okay thank you for letting me know.

Melissa

DaisyN Guide

Hi Melissa6666,

If you had a mammogram and an ultrasound and nothing was seen, then it might be because you don't have anything there.  What you are feeling, might just be breast tissue or it might be superficial.  If you are still concerned, you might want to ask your doctor about an MRI. 

Hope this was helpful?

Daisy

Melissa6666 (reply to DaisyN)

Hi Daisy, There is just one thing that I'm wondering about. Since my left breast is dense and I feel something there it is hard for me and for my doctor to tell if something is there. What I realize is when I'm in the shower I actually feel it there and when I'm laying down to my right side which is a better position to self exam I also feel something. Since these two ways I actually feel what's in my breast does it make sense if I mention this to my doctor? It seems awkward to me but I thought I mention this to my doctor. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Melissa

DaisyN Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa6666,

Yes you should mentioned it to your doctor and perhaps during the physical examination, guide your doctor to feel the area that you feel the lump. 

Daisy

Melissa6666 (reply to DaisyN)

okay thanks for your help.
Melissa

Melissa6666 (reply to DaisyN)

Thank you for your reply. My left breast is very dense and in two spots I actually feel something. One is painful the other isn't. In the shower I actually feel something just by regular self exam I don't feel it very much. It's hard to feel it by regular touch. Since you said MRI what kind of MRI is this? Other than MRI is there anything specific that can be done?
Thank You,
Melissa