Im scared because I might have lyme.

By May 30, 2013 - 12:14pm

Hello! I am fifteen years old, and im very scared that I might hav Lyme. On the side of my belly, I have a circular shaped rash, well, thats what my dad says, and I done some reasearch. The pictures grossed me out, and I finally found something after I searched 'Circular shaped rash' and a picture looked like mine, but much more bigger, I have a picture if you would like to see it: But you don't have to click it. On the outside its red, in a shape of a circle, then another tiny little one thats lined with red, and for the colouring of it its kinda like my skin but it is not. If it is a... disease, can you get rid of it? D: I've only noticed it a few days ago when I was in the bath. (PICTURE: http://oi39.tinypic.com/abkw10.jpg ) I also noticed yellow circular spots had appeared, on my chest, but they have been there for awhile and i've also searched for that but no look. And im embarrased to go to the doctors to tell him.... 'cause I'll have to lift up my top and everything. Im okay with sowing the red one. But my main question is is that I do not know what it is. Its been there for awhile. I just told my dad today, because I was embarrased in telling him about it, and he said if it isn't gone by monday we'll go to the doctors. But to behonest, I really want to know what it is now because i'm scared... D: (PICTURE: http://oi44.tinypic.com/23k2gw7.jpg)
please, someone reply. ^^;

Hi and thanks for your question!

Is this the only mark you have? This may be an indicator of a tick bite - have you been walking outdoors or in the woods, etc? This is a way to get bitten by ticks.

One sign is the bulls eye mark, similar to what you have shown on the picture but this is not to say in anyway that you have been bitten by an infected tick.

However, I would see a doctor earlier than Monday if you have had this for several days. You won't have to expose yourself to a doctor - you don't have to take your bra off. The doctor will need to look to see about this yellow rash.

And since you are 15, asking for a female doctor in future might be more comfortable for you.

Please ask your Dad to consider taking you in sooner than next week and keep us posted.

Read more about Lyme Disease here but don't diagnose yourself with anything! : http://www.empowher.com/lyme-disease/content/what-lyme-disease

Yes, it is the only one I have. Urm.. I don't think I have.. I normally stay in bed through, and I have a dog, but I don't think she has any of those.
Bulls eye mark? I've looked at the pictures and it looks like that too, but the side of the red skin is a bit more up than flat. ^^;
Oh, I guess your right. But my dad is rather bussy.. I'll see what I can do. x3
And okay, i'll ask for a female doctor in the future. :D

And thank you for the link, I shall read it! :D

Lyme Disease