Healthy Eating

ask: Is it better to have whole grains or whole wheat?

By Casey Zychowski Blogger

This questions always stumps me. I am fond of both whole wheat and whole grains, but what do you think? Which one do you prefer or find is healthier for you?

conalllacon

Maryann Gromisch, I agree with your comment and it is completely right that whole grain is very tasty. I will also suggest Casey Zychowski to go have whole grain as it is healthy and contains less fats then whole wheat.

Casey Zychowski Blogger (reply to conalllacon)

Great idea! Thank you for your comment! I will def incorporate more whole grain into my diet!

Casey Zychowski Blogger

Thanks for your reply Maryann! I find that I also like whole grain over whole wheat! Whole grain seems like it has more nutrients in it, but sometimes I will eat whole wheat too!i usually try to cut bread out of my diet, but these are good choices when you are craving it! Anything in moderation as I always say!

Hello Casey,

It is a matter of taste and choice. As you know, whole wheat means a product is made from the entire wheat kernel, while whole grain indicates the product is made from any whole grain kernel. Whole grain offers more variety; can contain wheat, spelt or barley. Personally, I prefer whole grain over whole wheat. It is just a matter of taste.

Regards,

Do you use coconut oil?: