Is it dangerous to have more than one shingles shot?

By Anonymous April 22, 2012 - 1:36pm

I think I already had the shot, but when I turned 65, my Dr. told me that I should schedule the shot. I think that the nurse who administered it forgot to record it. There is no record of it anywhere, including my insurance co. Several people that I know have told me that they recall me telling them that I had gotten it, but that would have been about the time that I was 60 or 61. Since I can't be sure, I don't know whether I should get one now or not.

I do know that i had to remind the Dr. on one of my visits to record data that the nurse forgot to put in my record on one of my visits. At this point, I just don't know if I am incorrect or if the Dr.'s office had an oversight.

Instead of trying to guess whether you have immunity against shingles, you can have your doctors office draw some blood for a titer, which measures your immunity. 

Hope this helps,

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Thanks Rosa. Sounds like a good idea. I didn't know about that procedure.

Shingles Guide