ask: Is it likely I may become pregnant?

By devilcupcakes

I'm on the 28 pill pack and have been for a few months. I'm on my 5th pack and in the second week of my pills (I'm a Sunday starter). I usually take my pills around 9 pm.
But, I was late on taking the first pill of my pack last week, about 8 hours. Also I missed the first pill of this week (both pills, the late and the missed, were Sunday pills), and I took it the next day around 4 pm, and then took my Monday pill around my normal time. So I took two pills in one day.

I had intercourse this past weekend and the weekend before that a few times without any backup, and not pulling out. My last period was Jan 17, and it was fairly regular and light. I'm wondering how likely it is that I might become pregnant from this, since I've heard that you can ovulate if you miss a pill.
thank you [:

Hi devilcupcakes

Usually you are protected when you miss only one pill, then make it up as soon as possible and take your next pill at the usual time - which is what you did both times, if I am correct.

I know you are very young but want to be a mother - are you hoping these slip-ups will lead to pregnancy? Make sure your partner is aware of this because it's not right to miss pills and not tell him. Are you telling him this?

Good luck to you!

devilcupcakes (reply to Susan Cody)

Okay, thanks [: I wasn't sure if you can still be protected if you miss a pill.
I actually am not trying to become a mother at the moment, though if it happens I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm not trying to miss my pills on purpose, if I wanted to become pregnant I would just stop taking my pills. But I'd like to wait a little longer before actively trying.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: