Is it ok to take a pill from another pack if you lost one?

By Anonymous March 16, 2012 - 11:37am

I lost a pill and can't find it. My pill have all the same strength. It was the second Monday of the pack. Is it ok if I took that same Monday from the new pack to make up for it? I was just wondering if I was protected. My husband and I had sexual relationship the day after.

If you didn't miss a dose, then you should be fine.  If you are still concerned, it's best to talk to your doctor.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  When you forget to take a birth control pill, you increase the chance of releasing an egg from your ovary and the chances of getting pregnant. However, if you forget to take any of the last 7 out of the 28 day pills you will not raise your chance of pregnancy since these pills contain only inactive ingredients.

Here are some resources for you

Thanks for the reply. I made up for it by taking another pill from a spare pack the same day. I did not miss a dose. Am I still protected? I took the same pill that I lost from a spare pack.