is it ok to wear nail varnish if you suffer from onycholysis

i am pretty sure i have a mild form of this in some of my nails, but i dont think there is any infection. i want to know if it will do any further damage if i continue to wear nail varnish.

Hi. I had the same problem as you do before. I got nail fungus which troubled me a lot. I tried lots of oral medications, but no significant effect. Finally, I decided to take laser nail therapy....The result is pretty good so far. Got my issue taken care of at a very short teatment and without having to take time off from work. You can get some useful information from here : http://lasernailtherapy.com. Wish it would help you!!! Good Luck!!!

Nail polish itself shouldn't cause the nail to lift anymore that it already does with onycholysis  but the problem is that varnish can dry the nails and nail polish remover isn't good for the nails at all - it dries them out, no matter what the label says and thus makes them weaker an more brittle.

So that's a concern for onycholysis. It's a good idea to check with your doctor.

Are you currently on medication for this condition?

Nail Products