Hi. I am 40 years old. I had my first child at 37 without any fertility treatments. My cycles are always completely normal and come like clockwork every 25 to 26 days. My last period was Oct. 2, 2010. I am actually due for it tomorrow (Oct. 26). We are NOT trying to get pregnant, but have been doing the withdrawal method since we had our first child (not using any formal forms of birth control). For the last 2 weeks, I have had symptoms. Something is definitely going on with my body. The list of symptoms are:
1) Very emotional;
2) Gums are swelling on and off (not constant and not bleeding);
3) Tender, swollen nipples (starting to darken as well), but not as bad as with my daughter - I couldn't even wear a bra without being in agony with her;
4) Frequent urination (unusual for me);
5) Lower abdominal bloating and cramping, but not painful - just uncomfortable. I don't get cramps with my periods - one of the lucky ones I suppose;
6) Fatigue (especially trying to get out of bed in the morning) and throughout the day at certain intervals;
7) Headaches that just come out of nowhere;
8) Lower back pain every now and then (not constant, but there);
9) A few drops of colostrum leaked from my breasts about 1 week ago; and
10) Sensitivity to strong smells (co-workers haircare products are killing me right now and she sits pretty far across the room), but no actual nausea as of yet.
I think we can safely say, the only symptom that I didn't get yet is nausea. I just knew I was pregnant with my daughter, but her test came up negative as well, of course my husband had just gotten here from Iraq so I didn't keep track of when my next period was due at the time. Now I keep track of everything so that I can readily answer questions when asked for whatever reason - have been humiliated at the doctor numerous times when I couldn't answer questions like that. I need a little direction here if anyone can add some insight. Before I started getting the symptoms, I hadn't thought of it much except to say, "Boy it would be nice if we had another child" but that was the extent of it. Now that the symptoms have started, it started to become real to me. When I received 2 negative results, I feel like my world crashed around my head. I know something is going on........but I haven't gotten enough interest from my doctor for her to even call me back. Suggestions?
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.