Is it possible to have a delayed temperature rise after a positive OPK?

I'm a heatlhy 26 year old and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 7 months. I began charting my BBT 2.5 months ago. I have very regular cycles that last about 26-27 days. Recently my doctor put me on 100 mg of B6 vitamin to help lengthen my luteal phase (it's normally about 9-10 days). Normally I see a temperature rise indicating ovulation around CD15-16 and my temperaure goes above 98 degrees, from an average of 97.6. However this month I got a postive OPK on CD14 and I still haven't seen a significant temperature increase. Between CD15-CD16 I saw a temperature increase of 0.37 degrees, up to 97.87 degrees. I took another OPK on CD16 (yesterday) and it was negative.

Is it possible to have a delayed temperature increase? Have I ovulated? Or was the OPK on CD14 a false positive? I haven't missed a period once in the last 7 months since I stopped BC. Or is this related to starting the B6? I know that's many questions but I'm very confused! My doctor doesn't have another available appt for 2 weeks so I'm curious to know.

I think you might be making a mistake of sorts, by being too scientific about your cycle and depending too much on technology (so to speak).

Try not to expect your dates or temperature to be so definite in terms of patterns and numbers. You may not have ovulated yet or you may have missed ovulation- we would not be able to tell you if you got a false positive but that'd be rare - like a pregnancy test. These tests cannot pick up something that's not there.

And since you have only been tracking for two months, a pattern cannot be yet established (as you can see, in month three).

You need to be having sex every other day from day 9 to day 20. this way it's highly unlikely you'll miss ovulation. Don't panic if you miss a day since sperm can live in your body for up to 3-5 days. I think this is the best way to try for pregnancy, although the kits can help. But if the kits aren't working well, you may get too wrapped up in them and not have sex, thinking they are an accurate science.

Let me know what you think!