Is it possible to have a serious illness and not know about it?

So today I was just thinking to myself and it just occurred to me that I could have like cancer and not know. I mean, I feel perfectly fine but I always worry that I've got a serious Illness and not know. I convince myself I'm dying a lot, even tho I'm physically fine. I guess it's just my anxiety taking over. But I just came on here to get some reassurance..so is it possible to have a a serious illness like cancer and not know? Or do these types of illnesses always show signs? Thanks!

This is your anxiety that's talking so please talk to someone about this if it continues.

Yes, it's possible to not be diagnosed with some cancers until the late stages, or even heart disease (or die of a heart condition) without knowing it. We hear about these things from time to time.

However, you can't live your life thinking these kinds of thoughts or you will do your mind and body harm with the stress of it. Please talk to someone about your anxiety.

Anxiety Guide