In continuation with our earlier discussion on 'Laproscopic surgery - Ovarian Drilling'. I am herewith furnishing the details of the discussion I had with the Gyn.
My Gyn provided the below reason for trying Laproscopic - ovarian drilling:
1) As we have been trying to overcome the 'PCOs' - liquid layer, via tablet for the past 1 and a half years.
2) Apart from the 'Liquid bubbles' in the Ovary, my wife haven't diagnoised with any other complications which are delaying her pregnancy.
4) And as per the Gyn, HSG and D&C is not required as there is no possible block.
Please provide your opinion on the above. Also, please clarify my below doubts:
1) Let me know, if the 'Cystic Ovary - Liquid Layer' will get cleared using tablets itself.. if so, on average how much months it would take.
2) And why you consider 'Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling' to be a very uncommon method (As per my understanding of PCOs, the obstecle for getting pregnant are the
liquid layers... correct me if my understanding is wrong)
3) Have you got to know anyone who have tried 'Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling' - If so, what was their chance of getting pregnant (can u pls specify in months)
4) Do you recommend any other options for us before going for 'Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling'? If so, pls suggest.
Please find below the 'Pelvis Scan Report' taken 3-4 days back:
Real time B-mode Ultrasonography of Pelvis done
Transabdominal sonography of the pelvis done
Uterus appeared anteverted
Uterus measure 6.5 X 4.4 X 3.9 cms
Normal appearing uterus with homogeneous myometrical echoes
Endometrial thickness measure 8.0 mm
Right Ovary measured 4.4 X 1.5 cms
Left Ovary measured 4.0 X 2.0 cms
Both Ovaries appear polycystic
Right adnexa appeared normal
Left adnexa appeared normal
No free fluid seen in the POD
Normal appearing Uterus, Endometrial Cavity, Both Adnexae
Bilateral Polycystic Ovaries