Laproscopic surgery - Ovarian Drilling

Hi Susan,

In continuation with our earlier discussion on 'Laproscopic surgery - Ovarian Drilling'. I am herewith furnishing the details of the discussion I had with the Gyn.

My Gyn provided the below reason for trying Laproscopic - ovarian drilling:
1) As we have been trying to overcome the 'PCOs' - liquid layer, via tablet for the past 1 and a half years.
2) Apart from the 'Liquid bubbles' in the Ovary, my wife haven't diagnoised with any other complications which are delaying her pregnancy.

3) The only other option the Gyn suggested, is that to follow another protocol of medicines for another 3-4 months.
4) And as per the Gyn, HSG and D&C is not required as there is no possible block.

Please provide your opinion on the above. Also, please clarify my below doubts:
1) Let me know, if the 'Cystic Ovary - Liquid Layer' will get cleared using tablets itself.. if so, on average how much months it would take.
2) And why you consider 'Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling' to be a very uncommon method (As per my understanding of PCOs, the obstecle for getting pregnant are the
liquid layers... correct me if my understanding is wrong)
3) Have you got to know anyone who have tried 'Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling' - If so, what was their chance of getting pregnant (can u pls specify in months)
4) Do you recommend any other options for us before going for 'Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling'? If so, pls suggest.

Please find below the 'Pelvis Scan Report' taken 3-4 days back:

Real time B-mode Ultrasonography of Pelvis done
Transabdominal sonography of the pelvis done
Uterus appeared anteverted
Uterus measure 6.5 X 4.4 X 3.9 cms
Normal appearing uterus with homogeneous myometrical echoes
Endometrial thickness measure 8.0 mm
Right Ovary measured 4.4 X 1.5 cms
Left Ovary measured 4.0 X 2.0 cms
Both Ovaries appear polycystic
Right adnexa appeared normal
Left adnexa appeared normal
No free fluid seen in the POD

Normal appearing Uterus, Endometrial Cavity, Both Adnexae
Bilateral Polycystic Ovaries

Hi Jay

Great to hear from you again and I'm delighted the procedure was done safely!

I would love to hear your progress with the Baby Plan (great name!) but please do so on our Community Boards as usual so we can all hear your news and perhaps some of our readers can keep informed due to their own fertility issues.

Thanks again and best of luck!

Hi Jay

Thanks for the updates and for being so specific. I am submitting your question to one of our medical experts on your behalf as this is beyond my scope. Please give us a few days to respond and thanks for your patience!

HERWriter Guide (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi again Jay

Thanks again for your patience - I did receive a response from our expert.

Unfortunately, this kind of procedure is not something that our expert is familiar with (as I said, this practice is not commonly done) and has advised you to discuss this further with your own fertility specialist who is knowledgeable on this subject.

I'm sorry we cannot be of any more help to you in this particular area.

It's been a while since we spoke - how are things going with you and your wife?

My Wife has undergone the Laproscopic - Ovarian Drilling for puncturing the Water bubbles. Gyn has adviced to be in rest for a month and continue with our Baby Plan the next month. It was very nice talking to you and your suggestions and expert opinions were helpful to me. If you can share your Email ID, I shall provide you updates on our progress. Thank you very much once again.

Hi Anonymous

I want you to know we have seen your question, and will let Susan know that it is here. Thanks for writing again.

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines