Late Period

By June 28, 2012 - 9:44pm

I've had this scare many times before (I'm a bit of a worry wart), but I am now 3 weeks late for my period. I started a new job about 2 months ago (right before my last period) as a waitress, and have been very stressed, lost about 5 pounds in a month (from 139lbs to 134), and hardly get to eat due to the hectic nature of my job. My boyfriend lives out of town, but we did fool around last time he was here (about a month ago). We are always very careful, but it makes me so nervous that I still haven't had my period... Could this change in diet, exercise, and stress affect my cycle that quickly?

Hi ellogovenah

Thank you for your post.

Stress affects women in different ways and one way is upsetting the menstrual cycle. This may be the case with you.

But since your period is very late (you may have skipped it through stress) it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test to be sure. Once you get used to your new life and you learn how to relax a little, things should straighten out. Read some relaxation techniques here: http://www.empowher.com/mental-health/content/beat-stress-these-relaxati...

Thanks for your reply Susan. I am a university student, so I often find myself quite stressed out, but it's probably just the different type of stress that put me over the edge. The website should definitely help me, thanks for the link!