ask: LATE PERIOD EVERY MONTH FOR 3 MONTHS

By kb3701

MY WHOLE LIFE I HAVE HAD A PRETTY REGULAR PERIOD. SOMETIMES LATE BUT MOST OF THE TIME REGULAR. FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS MY PERIOD HAS BEEN LATE EVERY MONTH. WHEN IT FINALLY CAME EACH MONTH IT WAS A NORMAL PERIOD. MY NORMAL DATE IS USUALLY THE 23RD OF THE MONTH BUT IN OCTOBER I DID NOT GET ON THE 23RD INSTEAD IT CAME ON THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER, IN DECEMBER I GOT IT ON THE 16TH AND AGAIN THIS MONTH I HAVE NOT GOTTEN IT YET AND IT IS JANUARY 22ND. I TOOK PREGANCY TEST EVERY MONTH AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE. I HAVE NOT GAINED WEIGHT ALTHOUGH I HAVE LOST ABOUT 10 LBS. I AM NOT ON BIRTH CONTROL. ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO THOUGH I BEGAN TO CUT GLUTEN OUT OF MY DIET TO GET RID OF MY BLOAT AND I STARTED TO EXCERCISE ABOUT 2 TIMES A WEEK. IM EXTREMELY STRESSED AND WORRIED ABOUT MY PERIOD COMING LATE. I FEEL FINE I AM NOT SICK, JUST WORRIED AND CONFUSED. I JUST RECENTLY STARTED TAKING BEE POLLEN PILLS(ZI XIU TANG) AS OF LAST WEEK, BUT EVERY GIRL I SPOKE TO SAID IT DID NOT AFFECT THEIR PERIOD.

Hi kb3701

Diet and exercise can change one's menstrual cycle but exercising twice a week would not. It could be diet related- becoming gluten free is a big change for the body and may explain your weight loss.

Also, how old are you? Our menstrual cycles change as we get older.

kb3701 (reply to Susan Cody)

I am 25. I know diet change can change a woman's menstrual cycle but is it common 3 months in a row?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to kb3701)

Hi again!

I don't think it's really "late" three times now, rather that it's now coming at a different time. I don't think there's much to worry about!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: