Is Livial safe to take?

It has been 12 months since I have had aperiod. I do hve menopausal hot flashes and mood swings. I don't have a libido...completely gone...vaginal dryness etc.. I am very healthy and exercise moderately twice a week. I have two children, both C section. WIth the second child had several IVF. In my 30s, I am now 53, I have had several benign breast cysts removed. Every year I have a mamogram adn ultrasound of the breasts. Also, bone density tests, pap test, blodd work including CA125 for ovaries, plus ultrasound for ovaries. Every year I have a check up with my gynecologist who also a oncologists. I am on 50mg ZOLOFT for menopausal symptoms wich I think have killed my libido completely. My questions is if Livial is safe to take with my helath history. Thank you!

A website would be irresponsible to tell anyone that a certain medication is safe to take - this is something you need to discuss with your doctor.

But since you have no history of cancer, this may be a good option for you. But you need to know that that the manufacturer advises using caution when taking this medication if you have had even benign lumps removed. So this is something you have to consider very carefully. Having a gynecologist who is also an oncologist is really great in order to get good feedback about this caution.

I understand your need to feel 'normal' again and to get your libido back.
She will discuss the pros and cons with you and you'll need to read about side-effects in detail.

Read more about combating menopausal low libido issues here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-health/content/reclaim-your-sex-drive-after-menopause

Please keep us updated on what you decide to do.

Menopause Guide