Looking for a cure for burning conditon in vigina

By December 8, 2011 - 10:00am

I was diagnosed with HSV2 a couple months ago. I had medication which cleared it up. Ever since this has happened I have been having a burning sensation especially when I pee and wipe afterwards. This is even more irritating after my period. I have been back to the doctor who basically tells me it is in my head. Can someone make any suggestions please? Really need help

Hi unhappily yours

I'm sorry your doctor told you that your symptoms are in your head; what a terrible thing to tell a patient who is in pain.

If your symptoms from herpes have cleared up, then it may not be from that. That's just a possibility. You may have contracted another disease too, perhaps something like Chlamydia or Gonorrhea - both can cause burning during urination - or you may have a urinary tract infection.

When tested for herpes, were you also tested for other STDs? If not, you need to ask for retesting.

Also, your doctor needs to examine your urinary health and not assume your symptoms are HSV2 related. However, it should be known that burning during urination can defintely be linked to herpes. Your infection may not have cleared up as thought so you may need further treatment.

My suggestion is to go back to your doctor for a re-examination or choose a free clinic or somewhere you are more likely to be taken seriously. If your doctor tells you that it's in your head, assure him it is not and that you demand to be treated like an adult with a genuine health issue - and with a little respect.

Please let us know how it goes and I do hope you feel better soon,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide