ask: Lump near clitoris.

By xoxaquaoceanxox

Hello, not sure if this was the right place to ask this question, so if so, I apologize. For a few months now, I have noticed a mass that randomly appears and disappears right beside my clitoris. It's not on the skin, but underneath. When it appears, it hurts to touch. It's usually the size of the top joint to the tip of a thumb. Then during the day, it will dissapear and then reappear within a few hours. I know it's not cancer, because cancer doesn't just come and go. Could you help me and tell me the possibiblitie's of what it is. Also I jsut had a pelvic exam not too long ago, and I'm clean of sti's. I've been with the same faithful guy for a year now, and he's never cheated on me and is also clean. So that rules sti's out of the question. Thank-you yet again.

I suggest getting a second opinion and having a biopsy done.

Glad that you will have the lump check by your doctor. Please keep us updated.

xoxaquaoceanxox (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Well this is an on-going struggle. The time's I've gone to the doctor he has said cyst, the thing you suggested, or an STI. I have been treated for the first two, and have had extensive sti tests. I'm 100% completely free of any STI. Nothing seem's to be working. I have PCOS, but I've only had 1 cyst on my ovary in my entire life. I'm starting to really worry that it actually might be a type of vulvar cancer, due to everything else being ruled out. I've tried everything, hot baths, compresses, antibiotics, natural remedies. Nothing will make this disappear. It's starting to hurt more often when it appears, and I get "twinges" in my clitoris that I wouldn't say are painful, but deffinatley distracting. Any advice?

Hi,
That is quite unusual. Does the lump feel hard or soft, as if it is fluid filled?
It can possibly be a Bartholin cyst. According to the Mayo Clinic, "The Bartholin's glands are located on each side of the vaginal opening. These glands secrete fluid that helps lubricate the vagina. Sometimes the openings of these glands become obstructed, causing fluid to back up into the gland. The result is relatively painless swelling called a Bartholin cyst. At times, the fluid within the cyst may become infected, resulting in pus surrounded by inflamed tissue (abscess). "
Sometimes, soaking in a tub filled with a few inches of warm water several times a day for three or four days helps. If indeed this lump is a cyst, there appears to be a drainage problem. It forms, disappears and then forms again.
But, to be safe, call your doctor about this lump. I have given you information not a diagnosis.

Thank-you very much for the usefull information. I really do appreciate it. I made a doctors appointment, and will be getting it checked out. I'll update you! Oh, also...this lumo does feel like it's full of fluid. But it's extrememly painfull when touched. Also it's not at the opening of my vagina, on either side. It's up way higher right beside my clitoris.

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :