Missed periods

By September 14, 2009 - 11:48am

I am 28 years old, i had my regular periods on 26th of July 2009 and after that i had protected sex with my partner on the first week of August. I should have got my periods by now but still haven't got them. Am i pregnant?? Please help me out as i dont want to get pregnant.

Dear Preeya

Unfortunately we would have no way to be able to tell you if you're pregnant or not - the only think you can do is take a pregnancy test. If you haven't had your period since July 26th, then you may be pregnant, despite having protected sex. What kind of protection did you use?

Are you always regular (average a 28 day cycle) or do you tend to be irregular?

It seems you're about 2-3 weeks late so a pregnancy test will let you know. If it's negative, your period should arrive very soon - if you're not pregnant and you don't get your period at all, you may want to see your health care provider to see why your period has stopped. It could be your diet, stress, a result of medication you are on or an underlying illness.

Will you take a test and update us?