Missing Withdrawal Bleed?

By August 30, 2011 - 9:16am

Is it common to miss a withdrawal bleed on Loestrin 24 Fe? I'm on the second day of the placebos, and there is no sign of it yet.

Sorry- I think I asked the question the wrong way- I mean WHEN can I take one for best accuracy? Thanks :-)

(reply to cmm1988)

The best time to take a home pregnancy test, for 99% accuracy, is the day when you are expecting your period. It is important that you wait at least 2 weeks after the unprotected sex (or birth control failure "episode") before testing, as the results would not be accurate.

Thanks so much for your quick answer. I just have one more quick question: If I wanted to take a pregnancy test for peace of mind, when do you recommend taking one for best accuracy?

HERWriter Guide (reply to cmm1988)

Hi cmm

They all contain the same active ingredient so any one of them will work. Good luck!

Hi cmm1988

Breakthrough bleeding can take a few days to start after stopping the active pills. And b.c. pills can and often do shorten periods to a great extent. Give yourself a few more days before taking a pregnancy test or worrying.