Pregnancy Guide

DaisyN Guide

ask: Movement in my stomach?

Here's my story I think there is a chance that I could be pregnant. But I took to hpt's and they both were negative. I haven't had a period since July, I know that might seem too early for me too feel movement in my stomach but when I was pregnant with my first child I felt movement within the first two months of my pregnacy. So I am wondering is there a chance that I could be pregnant, I am not due for another period until Sept. 16, so I am trying to make sure that I am not losing my mind. My husband felt the movement in my stomach also. So please help me understand what could be going on with me.

Anonymous

Thanks for your help sorry it took me awhile to get my story to sound right so that it does not seem like I am crazy. But I will call my doctors office and see what they will have to say and get schedule for my blood test.

Anonymous

The reason that I say my period is due in Sept is because I know what date I was suppose to start in August but I did not come on. So I am factoring in that if I was just late in August that I should have my cycle for Sept on the 16th. If it does not come then I will know for sure that I am pregnant. Because I have never missed two cycles in a row unless I was pregnant.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Ah, ok, I see. Our monthly cycle doesn't often work like that however. If we miss a period, it does not mean that 28 days after our missed period we'll get our next one. It can happen though!

If you have never missed two cycles in a row unless you are pregnant, then it's still possible you are, despite the negative hpt's. They simply may not be picking up your hCG levels (the pregnancy hormone). However, a blood test will let you know so think about scheduling a test tomorrow and you should know within a day or two.

I hope you get the answer you want!

Ok thanks for the update, although if you haven't had a period since July, I'm not understanding why you think your period is due Sept 16th - you could only know this based in your menstrual period of the month before. Maybe I'm missing something!

If your hpt's are coming back negative and you are taking them correctly, then you are probably not pregnant as they are very accurate. However, nothing is a hundred percent guarantee (especially if you have forgotten to take your birth control pills several times) so your best bet is to schedule a blood draw at your doctor's office. You can just call the nurse's line and schedule an appointment for the lab, you probably don't have to see a doctor (although I'm not sure how your doctor's office works). A blood test will give you an accurate result and the results are usually fairly speedy.

Good luck - will you update us?

Well, then you may be pregnant. Did you have a period at all in August?

no period for the month of August, so thats why i think i am pregnant i never miss my period it has always been regular. But took hpt and it sys I am not pregnant, I go to the doctor in October for my annual. But I would like to know sooner if I am expecting.

Anonymous

Ok maybe I have confused you my next cycle is not due until Sept.16, but I dont have gas the only time I have felt this type of movement was when I was pregnant with my last child. I felt her move when I was only eight weeks alone. I am taking birth control but I was not taking them the correct way I have missed a couple of them sometimes. So I just wanted to make sure that I am not going crazy.

It's not likely to be fetal movement if you are pregnant, as you are probably not far enough along but I notice you said you haven't had a period since July - so why do you think you are due September 16th?

The movement is more likely to be gas or other digestive movements in your abdominal region and the 'movement' you felt in the first two months of pregnancy may have been your uterus beginning to stretch.

Are you currently using birth control?

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: