MRI Findings question

By February 20, 2015 - 1:38pm

Hi Everyone!
I am a 23 year-old woman. I have been seeing an endocrinologist for about a year. I have high prolactin, and was put on Caborgoline. I have no sex drive, chronic, daily headaches, and anxiety. I had an MRI of my brain done to determine the cause. My endocrinologist has a thick german accent, and I have a difficult time understanding the findings of my MRI. What I did understand from what he told me was to see a Neurosurgeon at the John Hopkins Hospital, however there is a 7-8 month wait, so I may go elsewhere.

Here is the report of the Impression of my MRI:

"There is a dehiscence along the right floor of the sella turcica with a small herniation of the pituitary gland without abnormal enhancement. Differentials include a microadenoma with erosive changes or migrational disorder of the pituitary gland. Findings remain stable."

Can someone explain this to me in a simpler way? Thank you so much!

Hi strongwoman92

Thanks for your post. 

I hate to tell you this, but we cannot interpret results for you.  Because we could make an error and because we have no access to your previous medical history (nor should have) this is not a service we can provide. 

However, you have the right to have these explained to you properly. I got a list of test results once and they meant nothing to be - a ton of numbers that didn't even have a "normal" or "abnormal" indicator. 

I called up the clinic and asked for a capable nurse to return my call and go down through the numbers to tell me what it all meant.  It didn't take long as was a great relief.  Please do this as soon as you can. 

I'm sorry you have such a long wait for John's Hopkins - it's a great hospital but that's ridiculous. One thing you can do is put yourself on a cancellation list. 

I hope you get to see someone soon and again, apologies that we do not offer this service. 

Endocarditis Guide