My 21 year old niece can not eat any sugar at all, one grain and she vomits for days.

By Anonymous December 20, 2011 - 7:50am

My niece has been through numerous tests and the doctors all say they never heard of such a thing. They tend to assume that it has something to do with a eating disorder, but I have seen the poor girl mistakenly eat an item with sauce and then spend the next 24 hours vomiting up vile. Sometimes she vomits food that has not digested like an orange slice coming back intact. She has managed to figure out which foods she needs to avoid, no sugar, no milk, she can eat honey and half n half. We are thinking maybe it is a emnzyme condition. Any thoughts on this matter would be appriciated. Have a nice day.

Sugar "allergies" are not considered legitimate, generally, but your niece could have some kind of intolerance to sugar that is causing her reactions.Sugar intolerance is not uncommon but your niece may be extra sensitive.

With regard to your thoughts on an enzyme connection, I have also heard of this. People with a sugar intolerance are thought to have both physical and mental adverse effects on people.

Has your niece been tested for an actual sugar intolerance? Has she has an Indican test? This checks to see if bacteria in the digestive tract is to blame for any problems or intolerance.

There is a popular book called The Enzyme Cure by Lita Lee, Lisa Turner and other authors, that she may want to look into. It has recieved 4 out of 5 stars by reviewers on Amazon.

Also, finding an allergy specialist or a nutritionist who specializes in food intolerence might be a good idea. Let me know what you think and we wish your niece the best.

Allergies Guide