Diabetes Type 2

Diabetes Type 2 Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: My boyfriend has Type 2 Diabetes and can not get an erection...

Hi. My boyfriend of 6 months has Type 2 Diabetes with some lower body nerve damage. He has erectile dysfunction and has tried the 3 prescription drugs on the market with no success. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with any of the herbal medications out there or any other forms of treatments. We are pretty damn desperate! :)

Anonymous

Me and my boyfriend had been together for almost a year and we were never able to have intercourse. We tried everything...I mean everything. My boyfriend also has Diabetes and lots of nerve damage. He cannot have an erection period. Not even close to one. We tried all the pills in the world. We even went to a urologist and he gave him a sort of suppository you inject into the penis itself. Nope...did not work either. It was very painful for him I recommend you do not try it. One day I was on the internet and a pop up appeared with this penis pump with tentioner rings...I said what the hell why not try this thing...My boyfriend has Medicare so I asked him to send off for it. For the first time since we met we finally had intercourse!!It was a miracle. This works I guarantee it. I know it is a little odd but hey if it works why the hell not. The pump sucks all the blood to the penis and the tensioner ring holds the erection. Its amazing...anywho i was just like you and I thought there was nothing in the world that could help us. But this thing really really really works. Please look into it..it will change your life. Much love me

Anonymous

You can also try proctate massage if you both are comfortable with this option.

I'm sure you already know this, but I would also urge your boyfriend to talk with his health care team before trying any new supplements, as these can have drug interactions with other medications (and, with each other) that your bf is currently using.

If your bf is getting "semi-erections", would he be open to trying the constriction ring that susan c mentioned?

Karen32

It's difficult to find a solution here, you should check for a specialist, we had a similar situation but Cialis worked for us. Have you seen a sexologist for this?

nikki1067

Thanks for your response...

My b/f exercises 3 times a week, eats well, sees his doctor, and controls his Diabetes very well. I have never heard of the other things that you mentioned. We will have to give them a try. He has modified his diet a little more and has gotten semi-erections lately...

He has NOT seen a urologist yet, and I guess that will be our next step.

Again thanks for the reply...

Nikki

Thanks for your question. ED is something that many couples battle and it's not an easy situation for either person.

Firstly, know that ED with type 2 diabetes is not unusual. And it's normally seen in men with type 2, not type 1. In fact, it's affects up to 40% of men with this diagnosis. Most often it's because of blood vessel restriction and damaged nerves caused by the diabetes, as well as high blood pressure.

Pills like Viagra or Cialis don't work for all men. There are other options.

Some men find a penis (vacuum) pump works well for them. Others have opted for constriction rings that are placed at the base of the penis to keep a man erect for longer.

Natural supplements like zinc, ginkgo, vitamin C and vitamin E can help. The amino acid L-arginine helps with blood flow which is important with dealing with erectile dysfunction.

Some men have found that acupuncture helps. Acupuncture is the use of fine needles to pinpoint certain areas of the body in order to channel healing, balance, energy and health.

Another thing that your boyfriend can focus on is working to eliminate his type 2 diabetes. Has he confirmed with his doctor that his diabetes is, in fact, the cause for his ED? If it is, then I am sure he is making the lifestyle modifications he needs to control the causes and symptoms. A healthy weight, diet, moderate alcohol use and lifestyle can sometimes eliminate type 2 diabetes altogether!

Has your boyfriend's doctor recommended any of the above supplements or alternatives?

Type 2 diabetes is on the rise. Do you have type 2 diabetes? :