My boyfriend ignores me when his with his friends, what should i do?

By November 12, 2010 - 5:11am

when my boyfriend is with his friends, he completely ignores me, he doesnt text or call me, he makes no form of contact till the next day, half the time he doesnt even tell me when his going out. but when i go out with my friends, he wants to know who where what when why, and gives me the 3rd degree on what i was up to. he expects me to call him and talk to him, but complains when i call him when his with his friends. i dont know how to talk to him, when i do talk, he says he needs his boy time, and he cant have me as a distraction.

Hi lostcause

I'm sorry you are not happy in your relationship, I know that's not easy.

My first question is - how old are both of you? I'm going to assume you are both in your teens as it would be unusual to have this kind of behavior going on with adults.

Your boyfriend seems very immature and probably not ready for a girlfriend. While I agree with him that everyone needs a guy's night or a girl's night, his behavior would suggest that he wants everything his way - including how you live. A lot of immature boys tend to have double standards.

If I were you, I'd think about giving each other some space before you get in any way serious. While he may just have a lot of growing up to do, he also may turn into a rather controlling man so be a little wary here.

Tell me what you think and remember that you have your own life to live and you do not be to held accountable to a boyfriend!