my daughter is 7 1/2 she has swollen lymph nodes behind her ear and she has had 2 nose bleeds in last 2 days

By Anonymous April 10, 2010 - 2:40pm

Hi Anonymous

It sounds like your daughter may have an infection or some kind of virus that causes the nodes to swell.

However, I would suggest you have this checked out due to the potential of it being a possible growth or malignancy. I don't say this to scare you - it's likely to be a virus and that happens a lot in kids (swollen glands/virus or infection) - but does need to be seen to.

The Mayo Clinic has some great information for you - click here and please let me know what you think : http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/swollen-lymph-nodes/DS00880

Has your daughter been sick recently? Has she had any fevers or colds or flus?

I look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Nose Bleed

Nose Bleed Guide