Breathing Conditions

Breathing Conditions Guide

ask: My stinging/tingling/burning nipple. I am a teen, help!

I am just a teen and I have just today and yesterday got this terrible stinging pain in my right nipple (it almost feels like pulses). I am about to get my period in 10 days or so and recently started to masturbate (in case that has to do with it ( maybe hormonal imbalance? ) ). I But I stopped a day or two, and my right nipple started to sting. I looked in the mirror that night and I had like a little dried drop of blood to the look of it.. And then I had just a shirt on (no bra) I tried to sleep but the pain keep hurting. I then applied lotion. It was advanced therapy lotion ( I tried using something scentless that wouldn't irritate it more ). It was still hurting but I fell asleep. The next day at 2 of so in the afternoon, the pain came back, and faded away.. It came back again at 5 and is still here.. It is only in my right nipple and the pain is external.. This breast is smaller than my right so it may be a loose fitting bra but I have no money to buy another. The reason that this is terrifying me is because I have a mole/beauty mark on my chest just above my breast and it has changed.. The middle has stayed in a dark brown and the outside looks like it was just stretched.. This happened about 3 months ago.. PLEASE HELP! I am really scared.. Any response will work.. Thanks. Me.

Anonymous

I am also a teen who had the same problem my breast look the same but only the right one burns thank you

Anonymous

I am a teen also and I was looking to see what the tingling burning thing is also because I am experiencing the same thing so this really helped thank you
Mik

Anonymous

Oh god, don't freak out. That stinging/burning/pulsing is from growing breasts. Look up "stinging breasts in teenagers". It means they're growing. As for the "splitting" thing, I know what you mean. Like, the very tip of your nipple looks weird. That's how they're supposed to look. I think Daisy isn't quite grasping what you mean, but I understand. Mine look like that, plus I notice a lot of guys' nipples look like that. I think it's because ours are growing, like you said. Honestly, it is NOTHING and it really bothers me to think that you might be panicking over this. I get it every day, and it really sucks, but there's not much to do but wait it out till puberty is over.

Thanks a LOT.. for real, that makes sense.. it also explains why the mole almost on my chest looks like that... stretched out or what ever.

DaisyN Guide

Hi TeenSafe,

You need to have this examined by a doctor, immediately. It might not be anything serious, but only a doctor can tell by looking at it.

Daisy 

TeenSafe

I have looked at my nipple again, and it is looking like it is splitting in half. Like the most middle part of the nipple is cut in half. And I don't know, does that seem like it is just growing?

DaisyN Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER.  The tingling/burning sensation on the nipple can be due to many things such as a breast infection, dry skin or other serious conditions such as breast cancer.  It's important to talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Also, any new or changes on an existing mole should be seen by a dermatologist. 

Here are some resources for you

www.empowher.com/community/ask/what-does-it-mean-if-your-nipple-itches

www.empowher.com/media/reference/melanoma

Daisy