My stinging/tingling/burning nipple. I am a teen, help!

By Anonymous April 11, 2012 - 8:23pm

I am just a teen and I have just today and yesterday got this terrible stinging pain in my right nipple (it almost feels like pulses). I am about to get my period in 10 days or so and recently started to masturbate (in case that has to do with it ( maybe hormonal imbalance? ) ). I But I stopped a day or two, and my right nipple started to sting. I looked in the mirror that night and I had like a little dried drop of blood to the look of it.. And then I had just a shirt on (no bra) I tried to sleep but the pain keep hurting. I then applied lotion. It was advanced therapy lotion ( I tried using something scentless that wouldn't irritate it more ). It was still hurting but I fell asleep. The next day at 2 of so in the afternoon, the pain came back, and faded away.. It came back again at 5 and is still here.. It is only in my right nipple and the pain is external.. This breast is smaller than my right so it may be a loose fitting bra but I have no money to buy another. The reason that this is terrifying me is because I have a mole/beauty mark on my chest just above my breast and it has changed.. The middle has stayed in a dark brown and the outside looks like it was just stretched.. This happened about 3 months ago.. PLEASE HELP! I am really scared.. Any response will work.. Thanks. Me.

I'm only 14 and my nipples really hurt

Please don't look for answers on the internet! It probably is perfectly normal, what you're going through, but the discharge is what concerns me! Go see a doctor! I'm in the medical field and I promise you, there's no such thing as a stupid question! We'd much rather it be nothing, than you not ask at all and it be something serious!

I'm 14 and I have the same problem!
I think it's because of dry skin... My nipples are ALWAYS stinging but when I put cream (I use Vaseline branded cream) it kinda cools my boobs down. You should tell your mother/caregiver or see a doctor. I feel sorry for you, sister.

I haven't started my period yet, and im having the same problem. could this be a sign that im about to start my period

Anonymous (reply to CowgirlTara)

No, I have the same problem and it's just because of constant friction against your shirt or bra the solution to this is just to wear I tighter smaller bra. This is what helped me but everyone is different.

I've also noticed little i dont know how to describe it, but divits or slits at the top of my nipples. i think I've always had it but immnot sure but i dont think anybody else in my family or my friends have it so do i have lightly inverted nipples or will these go away?

I am 40 and from what your describing..though I would advise you ask your doctor. Prior to your menses 5 to 10 days prior to your period. Many women feel a burning or stinging sensation. Your bra kind of works like hands supporting something heavy. So when you take off your bra many times it will pull down ..gravity increasing that burning and stinging pain. Also may feel different and darken.

I would keep a journal of times and such. However. Stinging achy breast also is a sign of pregnancy. I would take a test and give it a couple weeks seeing if pain goes away. If pain lasts longer than a month definitely have it checked.
As for mile changing . skin around might be growing..larger with your age causing a stretch like look.

Yea I am 14 yrs old and I just got off of my period and I dnt put on lotion or nothing after my showers so tht could be one of the reasons why my boobs get irritated it every once in a while my boobs will start to itch and I dnt scratch them I just pay them or rub them and maybe sometime scratch to make the itching go away and then my boobs will burn and then I will have like little scabs on my nipples the nxt day or two and I get scared very easily cuz I always think I have like breast cancer or something cuz some things doesn't seem normal.

yes im 14 and when i dont wear a bra at home and just a shirt over my nipples start feeling very agitated and burn but when i put lotion on they burn more, i always make sure every part of my body is very moisturized and not dry, so im confused as to why this happens.

Omg same here but I'm 16! It's so weird is it because I don't have a bra on all of a sudden?

Breathing Conditions

Breathing Conditions Guide