This is only my first period but it has lasted unusualy long.

By July 24, 2012 - 3:00am

Well, thru out my period I have had a lot of clotting. My period lasted for about a week, and then it stopped for about 3 days. Then all of the sudden, in the middle of the night, thete was a big gush of blood. Now it has been about a week since my period all of the sudden started again. Also, my flow has been very irregular. It was very light, but it has been progressivly been getting heavier and heavier. I called my doctor and he said that it was normal, but it seems odd to me.

Hi itstricky

Your period for the first year is often very irregular and can be unusually light or heavy with clots. It's a real pain to deal with because you never know where you stand and it can also take well over a year to settle down.

Give your body time to adjust and have tampons or pads close by at all times.

thank you sooo much! I was kind of worried, and I'm glad that I have nothing to worry about.