outercourse with clothes on

Hi- My boyfriend and I were taking part in dry sex, he had on boxers and athletic shorts and I with my underwear. I don't know if he ejaculated (I think I would know, and he would tell me if he did), but if he did and some got on the outside of my underwear, do I have the chance of getting pregnant? I just want to know and be informed to make healthy decisions.

I am just nervous because I got off birth control and started the pills that induce my period 4 weeks ago, and before I took them I had a regular period, and since it is due today and i have yet to have it, now it will be late. Concerning this, I have heard it is pretty common for periods to be late/not come after getting off BC, is this true? I think I am psyching myself out and making this a big deal, but I want to be sure things are ok. Thank you!

Thanks for your post and welcome!

You are correct - it can take 1-3 months for your monthly cycle to stabilize after being on birth control pills so give it some time.

As to "outercourse" - we have a great article on it here as well as lots of sex education in general. Were you able to read it? If not, you can find it here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/outercourse-dry-humping-dry-sex-and-other-sexual-behaviors

You sound like you may be quite young - do you have access to any kind of sex education at school or do your parents talk to you about it? If not, we can help guide you in the right direction so you can educate yourself about sex, sexuality and how the body works.

Take care and thanks for writing,