Painful Sexual Intercourse

Painful Sexual Intercourse Guide

ask: Pain in Ingle/groin and kidney/ovaire during/after sex that last for days ...

By ennairb

Hi so I'm kind of worrying about this pain because I have had it before a little bit on my sides (kidney are or ovarie area) only during sex. But the other night my boyfriend and I were having sex (not that rough/normal sex) and I started to feel a sharp almost stabbing pain in my ingle/groin area (right about my vagina).. and while trying to change positions to try and make the pain go away my kidneys or ovaries started to hurt so we had to stop.. After for the rest of the night I could hardly stand up, and would feel that sharp pain when I would sit or unrine (not a burning but that same sharp pain.. The pain in my sides finally went away but last night when i was feeling fine we tried again and yet again had to stop. This time to pain was worse... It was extremely hard for me to walk up the stairs and couldnt stand up if I tried after making it to the couch if he were to lean on my side it would hurt. Laughing hurt... Waking up numerous times last night in pain and still this morning I am still feeling that sharp pain and cant completely stand up right... What could this be...? Im really worried...

Anonymous

I've been having the same problems off and on for 2 years. Im 21. The doctors can't figure it out. My back will hurt so bad it almost feels numb. =/

Anonymous

Hi I also have the very same problem during and after sex, would get a very sharp pain on my right side, I could hadly walk or stand straight, would get nauseas and feel pressure on my tummy. Went 4 tests and check ups but they can't seem to find the cause of it. Sex is a nightmare for me lately!!

-Bee

Anonymous

HI
I have the exact same pain, after having had normal sex, I could hardly breath out, laughing was impossible and I could not even stand. I woke up a few times last night in pain, and this morning it's still there but quite mild.
I am suspecting an (urinary?) infection, but I'm overseas for another week. Do you think I could wait to be home before seeing a doctor or do you suggest to act quickly?

thanks!
Val

Anonymous

Hi I have the same pain, and am not sure what it is it is a sharp pain a little bellow the kidneys and kind of where I imagine the ovaries would be it hurts for quite awhile after sex and I think is getting worse. I am scared to go to a doctor

Anonymous

Thanks, susan.
i m male/24,
i guess i must go to doctor.

Anonymous

Could these be same reasons for both male and female?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If it has something to do with the bladder or kidneys, then it could have, but not if the issue was with the female reproductive organs, obviously.

Unfortunately this member didn't post an update so we don't know what the issue was.

If you are in this kind of pain, please see you doctor.

~Susan

Hi ennairb

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

Your symptoms - while specific - are still quite broad. You could have a pinched nerve, a muscle or tendon strain or pull, you could have a cyst that's causing you pain or something else that needs to be looked into. Your kidneys are fairly high up in your torso so I'm not sure if that could be an issue but it's best to be cautious. It could also be an issue with your bladder.

If you're in this kind of pain, you need to see a doctor. If sex if very painful then stop having sex until you figure out what this is as you may be making the problem worse.

I'm sorry we can't be of more help to you but there are too many variables. But seeing a doctor is important if you are having difficulty walking or even standing up straight. Please don't assume this will go away - put a call in now.

Please keep us updated and we wish you the best,
~Susan