Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

The pain from MS is excruciating. doctors in foley, AL believe that only epidurals can fix the problem.

By Anonymous February 14, 2012 - 12:51pm
Rate This

I asked a doctor what epidural could counteract the pain in my whole body from MS and his reply was "we don't care about MS pain". I need a doctor who is sympathetic to those of us who deal with MS on a daily basis. The pain measures I was taking allowed me to mow the yard (with rest) cook, bake, and handle my finances. Now My body is so racked with pain getting up from the chair requires me to ask one of my service dogs to assist me up from the chair. I thought doctors were supposed to "first, do no harm". Can anyone help me find a doctor that understands MS?

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry you're in so much pain - no-one should have to live like this.

You need to get to an MS specialist (a neurologist specializing in MS) and also to a pain management clinic that has special provisions for those with MS. Pain management will really help.

Ask your doctor for a referral and work with health care professionals that care about your overall well-being and quality of life and not just the condition of MS itself.



February 14, 2012 - 1:43pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Multiple Sclerosis

Get Email Updates

Multiple Sclerosis Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!