Pain under left arm

The pain comes and goes. It also hurts and has this uncomfortable feeling. The pain is also sometimes side of my breast, or left side of chest, underneath the arm, along the inside of my arm, my back, sometimes my shoulder. I get worried and stress about it so much that sometimes its hard to tell where exactly I am feeling that pain discomfort. My actual breast does not hurt. The doctor says it the pectorals or muscles around there, possible a strain. Both she and a breast clinic examined me with no swelling or lumps or anything unusual but it continues off and on. Have not been able to tell if anything in particular gets it worse or better. Awaiting results of mamogram but this is a routine first time because of my age. I am 50.

Has your doctor considered testing you for Rheumatoid Arthritis? I would consider asking for that if all your tests and images come back as normal.

It may well be a strain, this can take some time to recover from. Physical therapy can really help.
Is this pain sharp, dull, burning? Have you noticed that is comes and goes at certain times of the day or month? Has your doctor considered checking your heart health?