Since bariatric surgery 2 years ago I now have a high PTH level Hyperparathyroidism Is this common for a bariatric patient? I have been struggling with low vit D and then its normal and now my PTH level has inclined. I seen a endocrinolgist and he said it is normal for bariatric patients. Is this true?

Thank you for reading this

Your doctor was correct, weight loss and thyroid issues go hand in hand. Check out this site for more information http://www.empowher.com/condition/hypothyroidism/causes?page=2. Medications are also known to cause thyroid issues. Are you taking any medications?

Hope this helps.

Bariatric Surgery

Bariatric Surgery Guide