PCOS - Heavy bleeding and severe cramps, today is the second day

Hello, I'm 27 years old and I have PCOS. I have never had normal periods and I never have a heavy period. I usually just spot (panty liner needed only) for about a month straight, then I wont have anything for a couple months, and I never have cramps, although do suffer from PMS. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 5 days ago, and yesterday I started having heavy bleeding and extremely severe cramps and pelvic pain. The cramping is non-stop and very painful. Should I contact my gyn? I dont want to make a big deal out of nothing, but this seems like something. Advice is welcomed. THanks

I dont think the sex has anything to do with it, just thought I'd throw that in there. Grasping at straws here. On my way to the gyn shortly, we will see.

thanks so much for the support :)

Thank you Susan for responding so fast :)

We have sex all the time. I've just never experienced cramps like this. They are the equivalent to contractions during labor. I'm going to call my gyn though if it doesnt subside soon.

I think that's a good idea!

The only reason I asked you if you had sex often (I promise I have a reason for being nosy!) is that you mentioned it happened five days after sex.

Bleeding five days after sex wouldn't usually be connected to sex.

I hope it's something simple, even a real period. Keep us posted and good luck!

Thanks for writing!

If you have never had a normal period, then I think it's a good idea to call your doctor's office due to the level of bleeding and pain you are having.

Are you are having pretty regular sex with your boyfriend? If not, do you think the sex you had 5 days ago is related to the bleeding?

We hope to hear back from you!