ask: Period 10 days early, why?

By miming123

I got my period today 10 days early and I NEVER get it early. Its always a on time or it would be a day late or early. My period last month came on time but ended a day early. 3 days after my period had already ended, I started to get 'annoying' cramps. That lasted for 3 1/2 days, on my last day the cramps got very painful. Now its been about a week and a half since I felt those cramps that I am getting my period 10 days early! Is there a reason to this?

Hi miming123

How long have you been having periods? Are you a teen? If so, this isn't that uncommon.

If you have been having them for years, something may have put your cycle in an imbalance. Are you on any new medications or have you lost or gained a lot of weight recently? Have you been under a lot of stress or ill? All these can serve to change your monthly cycle. Getting older can also so this, especially if you are over 40, due to hormonal changes.

What do you think?

miming123 (reply to Susan Cody)

I am 20 and no I don't take medications or gained/lost weight. When I was having the cramps 3 days after my period ended I thought maybe it was a cyst since my mom gets them very frequently but I haven't had any cramps since that day so i'm guessing its not a cyst. Since I got my period 10 days early, should I expect another one on my normal day?

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: